Laptops manufactured by Asus.

How to enable my touchpad

I disabled the touchpad some time ago, and now I don't know how to enable it.

thanks for all the advises but they didn't work maybe because mine is a toshiba but can fixed it out by clicking on the start button then just search mouse, then from the result just click the mouse setting after that then click on the device settings then finally you can see a small box under the work device the tab on the enable button then you can click again on the apply & ok button that is where I can enable my touchpad

thanks for your time hope this is can assist you

Windows 10: Does anyone at ASUS know or care? This has been going on for laptop since December 2015.

At a same time my asus x554l touchpad and mouse doesnt work. Please help fix this.

Hi @aguerosergio919,

Use a USB mouse so that you can install the latest Asus ATK package and Smart Gesture drivers for your laptop to get your touchpad working again.

Here is a link to the latest drivers.

Install the ATK package FIRST and then the Smart Gesture.

Take notice of the NOTES near the top of the page as to how to install the drivers.

Do not be tempted to install the other drivers from this page. Solve one problem at a time. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers...

OMFG I SPENT THE LAST 2 HOURS TRYING TO REPAIR DRIVERS and now i pressed Fn + F7 and all fixed. I want to kms..

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

I just had the same problem. The silly cat disabled mine! The key combination for mine was Fn + F9. It worked perfectly.

OH THANK YOU KIM ur right

hallelujah! thank you so much!!!!!

That worked! ugh and I was so frustrated... thank you so much!!

worked, thank you ur awesome

you are my hero <3

Hello Cindy ,

First of all Restart your computer after restarting the computer it will not gonna be work then do these steps

1- Enable your touchpad:-

If your laptop has a function key that enables/disables the touchpad. by pressing it Fn key + F5, Fn + F6 .

2- Touchpad devices enable or disable-

:-Click on start

:-Click on settings

:-Go to the devices

:-Click on mouse and touchpad

:-scroll down

:-Click on additional mouse go to mouse properties.

:-Click on devices.

:-See there if touch pad is disabled then select it on enable mode.restart the computer

If it does not work then visit this articale fix the touchpad related problem step by step

3-Update your drivers-

.Press windows key + R key together.

.Type in the run dialog box- devmgmt.msc.

.Enter and go to Mice and other pointing devices.

.Find your touchpad driver and Right-click on your touchpad driver and Click Update Driver Software.

if nothing works than -

.Go to device manager again.

.Un-install your touch pad driver – By right click on your touchpad's driver or press windows key + R key.

.Type appwiz.cpl in run box.

.Un-install your driver.

.Download your touchpad driver by your laptop brand name and model no. through manufacturer site.

This help me as I cannot use the function keys because have different keyboard features! Thank you so much!

thank you your my hero!!!!!!

keneth I love your communication

your technic is really working..I am very impressed your technic

It seems like you touch-pad has been disabled from your keyboard. You can check your keys from F1 to F12 and see where is the touch-pad icon on which key. So all you need to do is to hold that key by pressing Fn key. In this way your touch-pad will be enabled.

Thank you very much

Thank you very much, you are right

Thanks also, i also looking for this answer.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! <3333 Mine was Fn+f7!!

Some work, but not fnf9 to disable the touchpad!

hello mate

I just tried and it worked the actual way is press fn+left touchpad button(left click)+touch pad function key.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! For the ASUS Transformer, this is IT! !Thank you! What a pain in the butt. I am not a fan of this damned computer. Thank you, though. :)

OMG THANK YOU. I have the ASUS F551M and this worked for me.

thank you!!!it helped alot!!!thought i have to bring this to the shop..

Not with my Asus Laptop R512c

Tried everything else including re-installation of drivers etc. This works for ASUS x552c. Many thanks to you Faisal

it is usually the fn + f9 key to fix it...

i made the mistake last time of pressing the fn + f9 too many times and there was a lot of "static energy build up in the motherboard..."

I called the Asus support and this is how they fixed it

first they had me shut the laptop all the way down

then I held the power off button for thirty seconds(to remove static energy from motherboard)

then I turned laptop on again by pressing powerbutton

it took me to a blue screen

I was advised to press f9 key(optimized defaults) and press yes

then I was advised to press f10 to save configuration and press yes

then the laptop started back up

my touchpad still wasn't working but I was advised to press the fn button down and then tap f9 key one more time and... voila!!

hopefully that helps

Turning it off and holding the power button for thirty seconds, then restarting worked.took some time to boot up but it worked.

Thanks for sharing your experience, It was really helpful.

The above did not help, this is how I solved it on my ASUS laptop

Look at the tray, I did not have ASUS Smart Gesture Icon.

So I manually started Program Files /Asus Smart Gesture/ AdTPCenter/x64/AsusTPLauncher.exe

After that the icon showed in the tray and the touch pad started wording - no additional buttons were needed. Maybe after that Fn+F9 would also work.

Cheers

You accidentally turned off touchpad, no option to turn it back on.

I did the same thing, and nothing seemed to work. What finally worked was I opened device manager - human interface devices. It said the touchpad was working properly.

I did a update driver - find driver on internet. When the new driver installed, I found a window with the option to turn on the touchpad, similar to the one that turned it off.

It worked

Harry

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From all the advises mention none of them is working for my problem, maybe because mine is a different brand which is a TOSHIBA, but I had already fixed it by following these steps;

1. click the start button

2. type the word mouse in the searching box

3. click on the change mouse setting

4. click on the device setting button

5. click on the enable button below the small box

6. click on the APPLY button

7. click on the OK button

Then finally your touchpad will start working again

I hope these steps will help you out with your problem

Cindy will be eternally grateful.