Kia

Cars and SUVs manufactured by Kia Motors

How to repair Kia Spectra 2004 Speedometer?

How do you test and repair the speedometer that has stopped working but the led odometer still displays. what could be the cause?

Sounds more like a Speed sensor or a Cluster issue to me. If your odometer would be out as well, it might be different. Does your transmission shift normal? Anything else going on with your Kia?

by oldturkey03

Sorry for delay Mate, Well transmission shifting is normal, the LED odometer reads but shows the same figures as it requires movement of the speedometer. All else is okay with my Kia Spectra 2004.. and thank God for that. I did have a look at the speed sensor mentioned and it is high on the suspect list. I believe you are right here. Thanks.

by Gregory Peris

I have the same problem. Where exactly is the speed sensor located. My Chilton manual does not even mention the speedometer.

by Mike Curry

Do all the other gauges work? If so then the speedometer cable is probably broken.

There is no speedometer cable on this Kia car model, it works electronically via a electrical cable through a speed sensor. Thanks for your kind intentions, Michael ..really appreciate it.

by Gregory Peris

sorry forgot to say , All other gauges are functioning normal, so not able to say if it is a faulty cluster.

by Gregory Peris

Gregory Peris, just like previously mentioned, it sounds more like a Speed sensor or a Cluster issue to me. If your odometer would be out as well, it might be different. To remove the speed sensor disconnect the coupler, remove the holding bolt and twist the sensor out. straight forward job.

Gregory Peris will be eternally grateful.