Inspiron 14z, a 14-incher with a slimmed-down aluminum body, available in a surprisingly staid color palette. For 2012, Dell had updated the 14-inch Inspiron 14z with Intel's 3rd Generation Core Series processor and a brand new design that's thin and light enough to make the system an Ultrabook.

un able to start laptop while pressing power button

There is no response by pressing power button it starts when it want to start but when tuned off it looks like its dead

I am a bit confused. It does, or does not start?

some time it starts on its on will.But normally there is no response.i don't know any other way to start it

I have a Broken Switch

if i shut down my laptop it will not power on using the power button. instead i have to remove the battery and power cable. if there is a charge in the battery it will start up as soon as it is fitted. however if there is no charge in the battery then only the ac adapter will switch it on.

it is just did not start when I push power button <power button doesn't work

Most Helpful Answer

hey, poke the hole next to ram cover with small straight paper clip, it did the trick for me. Laptop booted right up.

yes.. it works. I tried with a thumb pin and my 14z woke up from a long sleep.

Hi, I have Dell Inspiring 14-5447. I cannot find the poke hole. Can u plz point it out for me.

Hi ,I have same problem with Dell Inspiron 14-5447....I cannot find the poke hole......Do you find any solution Sadia Afrin???

It worked like magic. I had previously paid 10 dollars each time it happened. Thanks a lot.

It is not working even poke button pressed

i think you need to try some steps- first try going in safe mode. restart the computer and press f8 and start the computer with safe mode with networking . if this did not work than try doing reset on computer press the power key and hold for like 30 sec and follow these steps follow http://fixingblog.com/reset-windows-comp... see if this will help you out to solve this issue

He can't power it on because the power button is broken. If he was able to restart the laptop then he wouldn't have posted his question.

It doesn't show up anything? Can you here the hard drive starting? I would check if the battery is ok or try it plugged in. It may be a motherboard problem...

I was having the same issue.

Have sent it in warranty.

But there is a manual way to do it too.

On the bottom of the laptop, beside the RAM cover, there is a hole. Press the button inside by a pin, and the laptop will start for that time.

hi guys I have a ASUS K52JC my power button is not working how can I switch the laptop on...

I have dell inspiron 14r n4010. I have recently shown up with same problem. but i havnt gave up on it. just remove battery and ac connection and press hold power button for 10 to 30 s to drain out the battery then put battery on and start laptop with power button. tyr this for 3 times. I have strange ridiculous solution for my problem of black screen of death(BSOD). I have to keep trying power ON- OFF till i see dell logo.

with 10+ power on offs i can see the booting of my laptop.

Actual cause of problem unknown yet.

Initially i took latop to dell service centre they said mother board problem and it cost me rupees 14,000/- + 1365/- diagnostic charges!!!

I came home and did all initial checkups shown on youtube. finally ended up with my own solution of this as of now!!.

hey...can share with me what your solution? I faced the same issue with motherboard.

The Lapy screen has been closed when programme has been running and its offed than I am pressed power button the green light has been blinking but syestem has been nt opening and I waited for one hour but system has been nt opened my syestem his Sony

I have Dell Inspiron 15 (3520). I also have this problem and I also can't hear the booting 'click' that I used to hear before please help me out....And I also don't know where the poke hole is.

i have the dell xps 13 and I've only had it since March. It's brand new it has a Intel core processor of 17 and it's got windows 10 instulled. As well as the SSD hard drive. This is my first laptop and I don't know what to do it hasn't wanted to start for 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure my battery isn't dead yet. What should I do?

HI,

Seems like there is some problem with circuit of your laptop power button. As you said it turn on eventually. Take you laptop to a local repair shop and ask him to resolder the circuit. Also check if power charger pin is properly fitting into charging unit of board. It is not recommended however you can you tube to check if you can do it yourself.

I had the same problem, but was able to fix it by simply plugging my laptop's charger in for a while; as soon as I did this I was able to power the laptop on using the power button. It seems as if a drained battery will prevent the laptop from starting up using the power button; I do not believe that a circuit or motherboard problem would cause this.

you needed put out your battery, than on the laptop. some times automatically refuse the battery that's reason not on the laptop.

Its a problem of power circuit. You need to change power circuit of your laptop.

I have same problem with my dell inspirion. For now on i take batery out and power cable. Press one time power buton. Put batery or power cable back in laptop and all work fine.

Hiii my dell laptop. My laptop right hand side no 5 button are not working

my dell laptop cant be on the screen, and the time of the laptop is keep running back to year 2009.

so it is motherboard issue? anyway to recover it? or it is other issue?

please help.

it didn't start at all

Press the power button and the D Key on the keyboard simultaniously .

power button not working

I don't the same in dell inspiron 15 but the second time when I tried I didn't get. N no poke hole,....i didn't find out dat

touseef1992 will be eternally grateful.