0

bobby
1

screen jumps after replacing digitizer

I replaced the digitizer on my ipad mini and now if you pick up the unit or move it in anyway the screen will jump all over the place. it is like the digitizer has a short in it. i bought the digitizer with the c-1 connector already soldered in. this is the second digitizer i have tried. both are doing the same thing. please help me!!!!!!! thanks.

0

Gabi Quaranta
55

This is really wired! I would go and double check your connections. Also make sure that none of the wires or ribbons are pinched. This can cause all sorts of crazy things.

0

Mark
91

I had this problem and used electrician's tape to tape of the exposed metal around the bottom and it solved the problem. I theorized it was shorting when metal touched metal. But I've also read that magnets can cause this if they get to close to the digitizer so if you put the rare earth magnets back onto the glass' underside, make sure they are away from the digitizer itself. Good luck!

0

Alberto
1

Yes as the guy above said just put electrical tape were the soldering of the home button is and that will fix the issue