iPad Mini Wi-Fi Repair

7.9 inch display / Model A1432 / Available in black or white / Announced October 23rd, 2012 / 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

screen jumps after replacing digitizer

I replaced the digitizer on my ipad mini and now if you pick up the unit or move it in anyway the screen will jump all over the place. it is like the digitizer has a short in it. i bought the digitizer with the c-1 connector already soldered in. this is the second digitizer i have tried. both are doing the same thing. please help me!!!!!!! thanks.

This is really wired! I would go and double check your connections. Also make sure that none of the wires or ribbons are pinched. This can cause all sorts of crazy things.

I had this problem and used electrician's tape to tape of the exposed metal around the bottom and it solved the problem. I theorized it was shorting when metal touched metal. But I've also read that magnets can cause this if they get to close to the digitizer so if you put the rare earth magnets back onto the glass' underside, make sure they are away from the digitizer itself. Good luck!

Yes as the guy above said just put electrical tape were the soldering of the home button is and that will fix the issue

I covered it all up and still didnt work. when i press down around that area it gets worse so it has something to do with it but the black electical tape has done nothing

by Lee White

Cover the connections on the left and right of the home button on the digitizer. If that does nothing, then it's possible that the ribbon is pinched, or loose. The last thing it could be is damage to the ribbon, or a bad digitizer. Neither are easily fixed. Look around where it connects to the screen and look for a small tear. Any damage to the ribbon cable will cause this ghosting issue and get worse when you press down on the screen around the spot.

by Thedivinemonkey

bobby will be eternally grateful.