0

Janaka Rodrigue
1

Swapping Entire Internals from Matte to Glossy MacBook Chassis

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I own two Macbook Pro 2009 Model A1286's.

Computer A is a Matte Screen version

Computer B is a Glossy Screen Version

Computer A has display issues (2inch vertical band of multicoloured lines just to the right of the sight camera) as well as a battery that doesn't hold charge very well.

Computer B suffered liquid damage on the logic board and does not power up.

Computer A (matte screen) is very well used and the housing is scratched/dented/dirty etc.

Computer B (gloss screen) is in almost pristine condition, it is only the internals that are damaged.

What I would like to do is swap the entire internals of computer A into the chassis of computer B.

Should I face any issues doing this? Is it as simple as simply swapping the logic board and hard drive from computer A into computer B?

I appreciate anyone taking the time to answer this.

Thank you.

Janaka

1

Dan

If you feel your up to doing it, two exact systems should be no problem in swapping things out.

Take your time and make sure you have a few egg crates to hold the screws and small pieces and the proper tools.

The only thing I can think of is the water damage system may have a few corroded screws.

Also, don't forget to use proper ESD protection as you'll have the logic boards exposed.