Repair information for the 7" Android tablet by Samsung. Fixing this device is straightforward, and requires only common tools. The Samsung Galaxy Tab is an Android-based tablet computer produced by Samsung. The 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first model in the series. It was introduced on September 2, 2010

Dropped tablet. screen not cracked but colorful lines on the screen?

My galaxy tab fell onto a weight from the couch. The drop caused a dint on the back of the tablet and when I turn it on, there are colorful lines up the screen where it hit the weight. The screen is not cracked. Can this be fixed?

I dropped my tablet on the carpet and it has colors inside the tablet and the screen is not broken

@Taylor, same answer as above but you do want to make sure that all the cables are properly seated.

My Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 fell from it's "safe" place and landed face down on the floor. It is carpeted but it is a commercial type of office carpet, so even though it isn't concrete, it was still a great impact. Just as I had feared, the display was ruined. It now has a serious vertical scroll with a split screen and colorful pinstripe lines across the top half of the screen. The tablet itself is still working fine, and I can tell by what I am able to see that the colors are just fine. I'm thinking about changing the screen to see if that fixes it. I can get a replacement screen for about $20 and it might take an hour to do the job. I think it's worth a gamble if it could potentially save me from having to fork out about $200 for a new one.

My tab inside screen is cracked and the colors are all over and the touch screen works perfect but my other tab's outside screen is cracked and my touch screen doesn't work what do I do

I have a tablet that is not cracked but the inside id white with like fingerprint marks on it. What do I do?

Most Helpful Answer

Nesia, it would be easier if you would post an image with your question. Right now, from what you describe, it sounds like you have a broken LCD. It will cause the symptoms you describe. Check this teardown and see if you are up to replacing it. Hope this helps, good luck/

''The inside of your phone has colourful lines?.... Its because you damaged your screen at the inside need fixing try finding ones at a low price.I'm not sure

where yet so..

MADE BY A 11 YEAR OLD CHILD !!?!?

please tell me the answer

I dropped my tablet and the screen is cracked a little at the bottom a black circle and colorful lines

hi i dropped my tablet and now half the screen is black and has color line and looks cracked but the screen itself is not cracked whats wrong

Yeah that's what happened to but my tablet fell on the ground with no scratch or nothing

My tablet fell down on the couch and has colofoul lines and a big black rectangle

Nesia will be eternally grateful.