0

Lorenzo
1

What hard drive should I buy for my iPod?

My iPod classics hard drive recently failed. I am looking into replacing to myself because its obviously cheaper and pretty easy. What I'm wondering is if I could buy a hard drive from a 4th generation classic and put it in my 5th generation. A hard drive for a 4th gen is much cheaper than one for a 5th gen and has more gbs too. The more help the better.

Edited by: mayer ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

1

Lorenzo, that will not work. Those drives have different interfaces and are not compatible. You can get a 60 or 80GB pretty reasonable, and if nothing else, you might want to consider a conversion to flash memory

I ended up going with the straight forward solution and bought a 30GB Toshiba hard drive online. Wasn't the cheapest solution, but made the most sense to me.

Lorenzo,

But I'd love to try flash memory out in the future.

Lorenzo,

That is perfect. quickest and most logical solution is to stay with what you got. Good choice. Best of luck to you.

0

Craig

For 80 dollars you can replace with a 240gb hard drive. Which makes this the largest music storage device of all time.

Edited by: Craig ( )

0

Hugo
11

The original drives were by toshiba if you want to replace like for like. You can't use a 4g drive though. I would go with Craig and get the 240gb!