Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Broken Battery Connection on logic board.

Ok so this person asked me to fix their iphone 4s because it would only work when plugging it into the computer. However I later discovered that the connection from the FPC battery connector onto the logic board had been broken off and one of the connections is completely broken off and I can take it right off the board. I was wondering if anyone had the best way to approach this problem. I have some soldering background and if that is needed I would be able to do so.

any chance you can post an image of the damaged board with your question? that way we can see what you see:-) Use this guide Adding images to an existing answer to add images.

Hi sorry for the late response and I have added the photos. It is in pretty bad shape and I think one of the connections is missing.

Ralph, sure looks like it has seen better days. I would try and change the battery ways. check the attached image for the routing. this will of course only work if all your other components are still functioning. Hope this helps, good luck.

Ralph will be eternally grateful.