Where would I find the administrative password for manual repair?

When windows can't start, another program tries to run an automatic repair. When that fails, it asks if I want to repair manually. I think it is partition 2 of the hard drive. But, I need an administrator password. I don't have it and it says to contact my administrator. Obviously that won't help. Is there an override for the password?

Is this a BIOS or Windows password? That's the first question. If it's a BIOS password you'll need to crack it. Quite frankly you're on your own with this. I'm not helping you crack the BIOS passwords.

Windows passwords are easy to fix. You just need to find a utility that will work. But for Win8.x, you need something that doesn't mess with the secure boot. If you use the wrong tool you're rewriting the boot keys.

For Win7 and older, most tools will probably work. I like Kon-Boot, but there's other tools out there.

You can also use Command prompt too. Read below on this.

Press F8 at startup, and select "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and let it boot into Command prompt. Use your install DVD if you have problems at all with the existing install.

When in command prompt, enter netuser in the command

Find your username and enter netuser username password

Put the account in question in place of username

Pick the new password.

Recover Windows administrator Password with USB

1. Install the program such as SmartKey Windows Password Recovery on another computer and create a password recovery disk with USB

2. Insert the disk to your laptop and set your laptop to boot from it.

3. All user accounts will be loaded, then you can reset any user password.

You can reset Windows password with a variety of software applications available on the web currently. PCUnlocker Live CD is the most impressive piece of software that I have ever used. I hope it will also work for you.

Score -1

Hey. You can remove the administrator password with Windows Password Key. With just 3 simple steps you can reset the password and run the automatic repair. Here are detailed steps on how to remove the password:

1. Download Windows Password Key, install and launch it on another available PC. Inset a USB flash drive into it. Click "Burn".

2. Insert the newly created USB drive to the locked computer. Set USB drive as the first boot device in BIOS setup. This computer will reboot.

3. Windows Password Key loads, follow the instructions to reset the admin password.

Score -1

Norma will be eternally grateful.