change deck belt on rider
craftsman rider model 917271010
Is this a good question?
dennis greenwood, here are the instructions from the manual:" REPLACE MOWER BLADE DRIVE BELT
(See Fig. 24)
The mower blade drive belt may be replaced without tools.
Park the tractor on level surface. Engage parking brake.
BELT REMOVAL -
• Remove mower from tractor (See "TO REMOVE MOWER" in this section of this manual).
, Work belt off both mandrel pulleys and idler pulleys.
• Pull belt away from mower.
BELT INSTALLATION -
• Install new belt in reverse order of removal.
• Make sure belt is in a!l pulley grooves and inside all belt
, Install mower in reverse order of removal instructions.
TRACTOR TO REMOVE MOWER
Mower will be easier to remove from the right side of tractor.
, Place attachment clutch in "DISENGAGED" position.
, Move attachment lift lever forward to lower mower to its lowest position.
• Roll belt off engine pulley.
• Disconnect clutch rod from clutch lever by removing retainer spring.
• Disconnect anti-sway bar from chassis bracket by removing retainer spring.
, Disconnect suspension arms from rear deck brackets by removing retainer springs.
, Disconnect front links from deck by removing retainer springs.
, Raise lift lever to raise suspension arms. Slide mower out from under tractor.
IMPORTANT: IF AN ATTACHMENT OTHER THAN THE MOWER IS TO BE MOUNTED TO THE TRACTOR, REMOVE THE FRONT LINKS.
TO INSTALL MOWER
• Raise attachment lift lever to its highest position.
, Slide mower under tractor with discharge guard to right side of tractor.
, Lower lift lever to its lowest position.
• Install mower in reverse order of removal instructions.
you can download the manual from here.Hope this helps, good luck
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 13
Past 7 Days: 42
Past 30 Days: 64
All Time: 2,990