Office inkjet printer released in January of 2009. Model number G510n.

Why does my printer not recognize a new print cartridge?

The printer continually tells me my HP 901 color cartridge is empty -- even after I have just replaced it -- and refuses to print in color. The black cartridge gives it no trouble. Is it possible that the contacts for the color cartridge are fouled or damaged in some way?

My black ink is not snapping in place any information will be greatful its a faithful unit

my hp officejet 4500 printer is not accepting the black, is talking about troubleshot black

my hp deskjet 1515 is blinking red light when i put black cartrigde

please you people should give me solution please, the own is on my neck

Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges

Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display

Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and wait for one minute

Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button and for more steps http://goo.gl/Oc3v6x

Most Helpful Answer

The HP Printer has a 'chip" that can recognize a non HP refill.

Simple solution:

1./ UNPLUG THE POWER CORD FROM THE PRINTER

2./ RECONNECT THE POWER CORD

3./ WHEN THE LIGHTS BEGIN TO FLASH, PRESS AND HOLD THE ON/RESUME AND PAPER SIZE BUTTONS ( I DID NOT HAVE PAPER SIZE BUTTON SO HELD DOWN THE ZOOM BUTTON

4./ WHEN ONLY THE ON/RESUME LIGHT IS FLASHING RELEASE THE BUTTONS.

THANKS TO www.printenviro.com

you are a genius save me some money on a repair,have a great weekend

This is a useless method on HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515. Don't see why it would work on others..

Thank you I buy my refills from Hong Kong and they cost around A$20 for 4 cartridges whereas a new HP cartridge is A$65 for one only

This is amazing! I have had this trouble so many times. Thank you!!

I just called HP support and they told me to buy a new HP printer. Thank you for saving me the cash and confirming my loathing of HP. Cheers!

there are some settings that would allow you to make sure it works, first of all you need to clean the printer , try out a power off wait for like 2 min . now try updating firmware of your printer and than you can also re-install and start over everything from start . for help visit article Fix and setup Epson printer without cd And let me know if you need any other help

Hello Lise,

Is the HP cartridge still in use by date? Also non brand consumables are sometimes not accepted in HP's is it an official cartridge?

They were brand new HP cartridges. Apparently I somehow purchased three bad ones in a row. Fixed now, thank you.

such messages usually popup if thers an error in the machine itself...also i this its a strategy from hp as it does not allow users to use toners/cartridges other than their own brand...just saying!!!!

my hp 6700 is not accepting new cartridges keep sendind a message replace bad ones,have replaced two cartridges still the same message,what can i do

but i have put an original hp cartridge still the same message

Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button

Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges

Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.

Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print a print job from the computer

If you not getting this then you can call at 1-888-924-2961 toll free number anytime for hp printer technical support https://www.wefix365.us/support-for-hp-p...service.

In case if its new item then you need to make sure that whether its the original one or not because there are many cheap after market cartridges are available which either work for very short period of time or hardly be able to detect.

Secondly if its old one then most probably your cartridge has been expired or gone out of order.

You can also perform a head cleaning task by taking your cartridges apart and cleaning the metal contacts with some alcohol swab or perfume.

Contact to HP Customer Service Number for assistance on all the issues at one place, this is 24/7 HP Support Phone Number, Dial HP Printer Technical Support for more resolution

i've already bought a genuine one, but it still doesn't work. do you have any suggestion? help me plss...

Official Website

The official HP site says to clean BOTH your Cartridge chip AND your printer chip connections with earbuds dipped in water, with the water pressed out so that it is damp. This made the most sense to me, but did not resolve my problem. Turn your printer off before you do this.

Printer Reset

So far, none of the Printer Reset methods have worked for me. Even keeping it off for 10+ minutes.

Old cartridge

I've also seen suggestions to first put back your old cartridge and then your new one again, as your printer could still be storing data of your old cartridge.

Faulty New Cartridge

As @Lise said - she just bought bad cartridges and the 3rd one worked. I expect that to be my problem, but if someone has any other things to try, please let me know.

I have a Laserjet pro 200 and received the message that I was using non-genuine HP toner. Only the black would work as it was an original HP. I heard that HP was forced to stop blocking the use of non-original HP toner ... and a firmware update would resolve the issue. And it did ! My original firmware was from 2012. I just updated it 10 min ago ... and the new non-genuine toner works now. Try a firmware update.

Lise will be eternally grateful.