The Mac mini family was first introduced in January of 2005.

1139 Questions View all

Type E power cable for Europe

I just got a 2012 Mac Mini for my friends in Europe. They would require a Type E power cable and I was wondering where I'd go about getting it?

I'm not sure an adapter would be the best option for longterm use of a computer that's always running. Suggestions?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
Free shipping on orders over $20
Use code BLUEANDBLACK at checkout
Free shipping on orders over $20

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Not to worry you have a few options here.

First your mac uses a two prong non-polarized electric razor cord 2.5Amp @250Volts {15Amp @ 120Volts} Type C. Which allows you to use standard travel AC adaptors.

The best solution is getting a Type C power cord. Not a Type E as you don't need it, there's no ground service present in the Mac mini, or a Type F as you don't need polarization either.

The correct cord is a IEC C7 (at any angle) with a CEE7 on the other side.

Here's a good source for any cord need SignalandPower.Com

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


Thank you Dan. You've been very informative.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Erik will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 3

Past 30 Days: 12

All Time: 724