Socket 1366, is Intel's current socket, designed for the Core i7, and Xeon 5*** series.

Motherboard cpu socket broken pins

Could anyone show me with pics or a video on how to replace the CPU socket?

Please! I don't want to buy a new motherboard. I'am also not sure if the problem is the socket as I'm not getting any signal on the monitor.

Everything is running and when I switch on the PC on the CPU fan is spinning faster and faster. Also, I am getting buzz noise from graphics card

Here's a picture of the socket: My cpu socket

My ram didnt work i was getting 2gb instead 6gb and I read that some of the pins might be bent and they where I broke some of them trying straighting them out and I did pick out all the dirt out from it .

The pins that I broke are :

VTTD

QPI DATA

OTHER

Second picture of socket

Third picture

maybe some pics of the damaged socket may assist us in helping you

What happened before you took the CPU out? was it working and you were just upgrading it? The more detail would help.

Peter there is a point you just can't fix things.

CPU sockets are just too dense (pin wise) to de-solder or re-solder a replacement socket down without encountering a damaged via or solder pad (also many are also press-fitted in so they can't be removed). In any case the replacement has a very slim chance in working.

Sorry It's time for a new logic board ;-{

Looking at your picture there does appear to be some damage or something stuck between the pins at some locations. Your picture was not sharp enough to see what it was. Look at the 2, 6 & 9 O'clock positions from the center of the socket is this damage or dirt? Carefully pick out the dirt using some can'ed air and a dental probe and a good magnifier making sure our computer is fully off and unplugged before doing this.

Peter - Still doesn't look good here ;-{ I don't know of any way to fix the pins that you damaged. So unless someone else has an idea on how to fix this it's time for a new logic board.

There are companies and individuals that will replace the entire socket; however, it's around a hundred bucks including shipping.

Worth contacting the manufacturer. They may have options for you. Will cost you but perhaps less than new mobo.

HI bro i know what is main problem ......accually i also face with this problem that my cpu fan star to run v fast but now i fixed it b/c the main problem is the thermal paste u need to apply thermal paste on ur cpu and sink and u need to do straight yours socket pin .not to replace i think that may be solved u r problem if u need more info then contact on my e mail aliirfan863@yahoo.com

Score -1

Irfan - Did you look at the pics? His socket is damaged, so redoing the thermal paste won't help here.

Use a syringe needle to enclose the cpu pin and gently push it back into place. I use this method every day. Please do not bend too much as the pins will break and you are then looking at a new board. If you can find a local contractor, the socket can be removed the same as a bga BUT it will be expensive. If I had the board, then the syringe needle is the starting point...

Peter will be eternally grateful.