iPhone 4S got wet (water damage), now won't start past apple logo
I have an iPhone 4S that got briefly dropped in a sink (so got wet). It worked right after, but had some issues with the speakers, so we turned it off and put it in rice for a couple days. However, now it doesn't start up at all, it shows the apple logo though (so the screen IS working), but keeps restarting itself when plugged in.
I've tried restoring it from the computer, but when it tries to restart, it gives an error.
I've tried this also with the battery taken out, and it has the same issue.
Any thoughts? What might be wrong? Should I replace the battery or another part? I've opened it and it looks ok, no apparent damage, but just won't start up past the apple logo.
Is this a good question?