The Kindle 3 was the 3rd generation of Kindle produced by Amazon. It can in a WI-FI or 3G configuration with 4 GB of internal storage.

Kindle won't power up

I opened up my Kindle and recharged the battery. It still won't power-up. What to do next? Please advise. Thank you very much in advance.

Most Helpful Answer

Finally, my 3rd gen kindle stopped working again last month. It did the same as experienced by Marilyn in the previous post. First thought it was the slider, then the battery, attempted soft and hard reboot. All these efforts remained inconclusive. The kindle still turned on for a few seconds ten shut down while the screen remained still. Finally, after having taken it apart and put it back together twice; I concluded that the screen was defective and that it needed to be replaced. After having read a few forums, i think that 3rd gen kindles do a BIT test on powerup, if it finds something wrong, it then shuts off right away.

In conclusion, I deeply regret to inform you that i decided to retire my old kindle as the cost of repair to benefits analysis proved that i should invest in a new device. So i ended up buying a Kindle Paperwhite, it is quite an awesomr upgrade, i am quite happy with it, and i definitely recommend you do the same.

Have had the same problem in the past where the screen got all screwed up. After removing the back of the Kindle, i noticed the screen connector had come loose, so i pushed the connector back in and the screen resume working properly.

Try reinstalling the battery. If that doesn't work, check the power slider.

What do you mean "check the power slider"? My kindle is charged, and it appears to turn on, but after a few seconds it shuts down. The slider appears to be fine. I had problems with it sticking a few a few times, but after I opened up the kindle and then closed it back up, it worked okay for a few weeks. Now, in addition to not turning on, the bottom half of the screen is messed up.

The power slider won't start it up

kindle on switch is stuck

My K3 had been in a drawer for 3 years. The battery was completely depleted. After leaving it on the charger for 2-3 days it was still unresponsive. I tried holding the switch in the on position for 15 seconds several times but had no luck. I eventually placed it back on the charger and held the switch in the "ON" position for 10-15 seconds and the light would illuminate amber. A few seconds after releasing the switch the led would fade out. I repeated this process 5-6 times noticing that each time the charging indicator would stay lit a little longer. Eventually it was able to power up long enough to keep charger and works perfectly now.

ben will be eternally grateful.