2008 netbook; Model ZG5 AOA150-1691; 8.5" screen; 1.6 GHz N270 Intel Atom Processor

Why did my sound suddenly stop working?

A few days ago, I tried to play some videos on my Acer Aspire One ZG5 laptop. However, the sound simply is not present. I tried everything. I checked to see that it was unmuted. I turned the volume all the way up. I even restarted my computer. However, nothing has worked, and there is still no audio on my laptop. So what should I do? Thanks! :)

I am experiencing exactly the same. I did a system restore and all was fine again. Today suddenly, the sound is gone again. HELP!!

Wow! Exactly what happened to me! I checked too.. but shutting down and restarting helped.

It happened to me so I restarted it...didn't work,muted it then unmuted it...didnt work...I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help meh <3

my AA1 722's sound goes out every 2-3 mins for about 30-60 seconds and comes back, very irritating. I have not found a fix yet, system restore does nothing. I've even checked with the registry configuration. Is there a fix?

i am using acer e1-421 and same thing happened. although i tried restarting it. the sounds returned to normal only for few minutes then it goes mute again. i don't know what to do.

Abanoub Marcus, check in the device manager to make sure that your audio device still shows up. You should also try and get the audio drivers uninstalled and than do a fresh install of those.

How do you do that?

you just need to go step by step - just update the sound driver and check the playback sound device and make sure sound is not locked . for any other help visit http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/det...and see if this works for you .

I Got This Fixed . Checkout How i did That .. Thanks IFIXIT

Source- Fix Acer Laptop Sound Problems

• Restart Your Laptop And Unisnatll The Sound Driver .
  • Go to the Acer Website and download to the latest sound driver .
  • install the driver and restart the computer
  • check the sound key and settings too

See If This Helps to fix the sound Problems

Good luck

Norton deletes the Driver Download stating it is unsafe

This can be a video codec problem if only a single video is not giving out sound.

Try reinstalling the sound drivers if no file is giving out sound.

IF that did not work then its time to buy a USB sound card and external speakers for your laptop.

Good luck.

Baixe o driver de áudio no site do fabricante do seu notebook, na tampa traseira do teu notebook tem o modelo ou o numero de série correto, que você vai precisar no site para baixar o driver .

right click on the bottom right volume button. then hit sounds. next click playback. finally make sure the sound system is set on speakers not default..

look it up

hghghgghvgcfdszxdrfcvghbjnmkl,bjhvfctdxrsxdrcftvbghjn

Abanoub Marcus will be eternally grateful.