20", 23", and 30" LCD Display introduced in 2004 discontinued in 2010.

Flashing LED Fault Indicator

I have a faulty 23" Apple Cinema HD Display that powers up but no video is shown. However, led power light flashes 3 times. Does the 3 flashes of the power LED indicate the nature of the fault as I can repair if I know what was wrong.

Most Helpful Answer

So I've found a solution for this issue with the Short / Long / Short blinking sequence (aka "Make sure you are using the correct power adapter with the display").

I've found the solution on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH5xgo1u3...

Basically, all you have to do is isolate the middle pins of the symmetric proprietary connector on the power adapter, using scotch tape. I just did it, it worked. Just make sure the pieces of scotch tape are really narrow and cover both middle pins and only these.

Thank you so much!!!! <3

Totally worked. Thanks a ton!

leematheruk, check first on what Apple suggest, watch for the blinking sequence :"short, short, short-->The display is detecting wrong video format or an unsupported resolution.

Verify that your equipment is compatible and restart the computer. If the issue continues, reset the PRAM.

short, long, short -->Make sure you are using the correct power adapter with the display. This alert will only appear on displays built in 2004 or later which require an external power adapter.

short, short, long -->The display is detecting a backlight error. Check your display's power connections and restart the computer. If the problem continues, contact Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. this of course could be caused by failed components on the LCD circuit board. You will have to open it up and take a look at the board, check for burned/broken components. Hope this helps, good luck.

ther is i youtub video a man from nicaruga show how to reparair tape the kontakt om the mail the is five pover in kontak bloch the mittel it ithe onvetor on the sreen bloch it and it woks ( for me in five month no problem

Please, Help me! one of my two monitors have 2 shorts blink folowed by 1 long blink… anyone know what is the problem?

Arnaldo, you need to read the answers:-) short, short, long -->The display is detecting a backlight error. Check your display's power connections and restart the computer. If the problem continues, contact Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. this of course could be caused by failed components on the LCD circuit board. You will have to open it up and take a look at the board, check for burned/broken components.

Yes! i read… but i live in Chile, the Apple authorize provider here sucks, too expensive! triple or more .i have some DIY alternative?

leematheruk will be eternally grateful.