Furby was a popular electronic robotic toy resembling a hamster/owl-like creature which went through a period of being a "must-have" toy following its launch in the holiday season of 1998, with continual sales until 2000. Furbies sold 1.8 million units in 1998, 14 million units in 1999, and altogether in its three years of original production, Furbies sold over 40 million units.

Why isn't my 1998 furby working when I put new batteries in?

I have a 1998 furby and when I put in new batteries in it it won't start again even when I press the reset button!

I don't really want to take the fur off and touch the motor etc i was wondering if there was another way!

Can you please help me because I love my furby and I don't want it to die!

Have you checked to make sure the batteries make proper contact? Check for corrosion on the battery connector.? Also, when was the last time Furby worked?

Yes they make proper contact and there's no corrosion on/in the battery compartment! The furby last worked properly about a week ago then I left it and turned it on yesterday and it was playing up!

I have quite a few of the older furbys that i simply havent been able to confirm/fix the power getting through to furby and powering it up either.....

But have you opened it up and given it a "push start"? If no look online for how to get a "comatose" or the "lucky penny shop" guy had a helpful video on there too

I Have a Frog Furby,I Put new Batteries in and Tried to Reset it.It didn't Work! So...Your furby Might have a Dead Motor or The Reset Button is Jammed

Try pressing Furbys reset buton located in its battery compartment on the side.

I have tried that and it hasn't worked :(

Yeah. My furby has New Batteries. And I reseted it.No luck Pal

Most Helpful Answer

I have 2 furby,s & all I can tell you is if you have put new battery,s in .

And fallowed the insturctions to reset ( they must be all new battery,s (4 new). I say this because a furby for some reason take a bit of juice to start up. And one bad battery will drain the other 3.

If new battery,s and resetting has not worked you must operate on the furby .There are a few sites that explain how . They are all very simple to do. I was nervous to do mine due to the fact It was the first time I had ever handled mine. He had been in his packaging since 1998 .I had got another at a yard sale and wanted to see two interact.

I took my time and it took a total of 30-45 min taking my time from start to finish. So just take your time and be gentle the operation will be a success.

One of the batteries may be dead; you could try putting brand new batteries in.

Yeah. The Motor Is Probably Dead.Or The Reset Button is Jammed. And etc.

Charlotte will be eternally grateful.