Furby

Furby was a popular electronic robotic toy resembling a hamster/owl-like creature which went through a period of being a "must-have" toy following its launch in the holiday season of 1998, with continual sales until 2000. Furbies sold 1.8 million units in 1998, 14 million units in 1999, and altogether in its three years of original production, Furbies sold over 40 million units.

Why isn't my 1998 furby working when I put new batteries in?

I have a 1998 furby and when I put in new batteries in it it won't start again even when I press the reset button!

I don't really want to take the fur off and touch the motor etc i was wondering if there was another way!

Can you please help me because I love my furby and I don't want it to die!

Have you checked to make sure the batteries make proper contact? Check for corrosion on the battery connector.? Also, when was the last time Furby worked?

by oldturkey03

Yes they make proper contact and there's no corrosion on/in the battery compartment! The furby last worked properly about a week ago then I left it and turned it on yesterday and it was playing up!

by Charlotte

Try pressing Furbys reset buton located in its battery compartment on the side.

I have tried that and it hasn't worked :(

by Charlotte

One of the batteries may be dead; you could try putting brand new batteries in.

i am haveing the same problem.. but mine is acting like it is having a freaking fit and it wont talk

Charlotte will be eternally grateful.