Yamaha YPG-225 76-Key piano keyboard, released in 2006

keys on the keyboard stop working

Hello some of the keys on my keyboard stop sounding. Does it means i´ve got a broken key? I am sure the keyboard hasn´t been hitted by no means.

Hello, my yamaha keyboard stops playing after about 10 minutes. To start it again I need to hit the middle leg of the transistor with one of the wire. What could be the problem?

Replace the transistor or resolder it to the board

my keyboard has the same problem with some of the keys not sounding but i have a Roland D-20 Multi Timbral Linear synthesizer Multi Track Sequencer are the same thing happening to to my keys

My keybord has aproblem when i press one key it sounds two notes extra both one note up and the other one lower at the same time

Hi ser, my yamaha keyboard has aproblim, when I turn on thers com's up unexpected error what are whe doing them

Hi Mario,

You can use the guide for troubleshooting the YPG-225 provided by ifixit here. There is a section labeled "Keys don't produce sound". If you need the manual for this keyboard, it is here.

If those keys which do not produce a sound are somehow hanging (are lower than the other keys) and are somehow slack, the problem is related to broken keys. They need to be replaced. In this case, you can use this guide here on ifixit.

Just keep us posted what you figure out.

Steffen

I love this website and the help provided by people like you. Thank you!

Hi. Thank you. Where can I buy replacement keys for my keyboard (Yamaha DGX 220, same as YPG 225 I think)? Will DGX 230 replacement keys work? My problem is that a Db key is a bit loose amd wiggly. It will often play louder than its supposed to.

Hi , The lower G's C-sharps on my psr gx 76 stopped sounding . Rubbing the circuit board with a pencil made it work for a while , but this time it is not working again. I wonder if it is the circuit this time and if it is possible to purchase replacement circuit boards. Thank you , Frank.

The problem isn't usually the board.. its the rubber contact that either need replacing or cleaning. Clean with pure alcohol.. I use Isopropyl alcohol and a lint free pad like chamois. Don't use cotton bids.

If the fault is on the first octave the part number for the contact is V3413800

Top Octave? V3413700

All the other octaves: V4313600

If it is the board its in two halves... lower half. Pt number is V3414200 and the top half is V3414300

Contact Yamaha in your country and ask for spares dept, In UK the number is 01908366700 You can pay by card.

cheers

Iain (the engineer)

Keyboard Repair Centre, Birkenhead. UK

How do you clean the rubber contact?

Clean with alcohol and lint free cloth see my post above.

My yamaha dgx 230 had the same problem too, except, if I pressed it lightly, it sounded as if I were pounding on it. And the bad thing is, it happened to 14 notes, which were the same G#'s and the same D's. But if I press on it normally, it doesn't make a sound. Do u think it has something to do with dust or the rubber pads?

If it's all the same notes it's more likely to be the connections from the board to the main board. Or a crack in the track from the pad to the connector on the contact board

I have the same exact problem. All D keys and G# keys stopped working

Can you use spirit to clean the rubber contact or the circuit board....I also use Yamaha psr e423 and some keys seized to sound and I realized the problem is from either the rubber or the circuit board.. I need help please.

Anything that does not leave a residue. All ohol is best... try vodka

hello,

I have a Lowrey Micro Genie keyboard and when I try and play the keys they don't make a sound...it use to work all the time. But now I have to hold all the keys until the static stops. My dad tried to oil it with W-D40 and it worked for a bit.

It use to be my dad's when he was a kid. Do you have any suggestions for what is wrong with this keyboard?

thanks

One of my keys is stuck

What it cost to repair it?

I tried disassembling & cleaning, and more keys "died". I found that if I hit the keys over and over and over, it seems to come back to life.

This site seems to offer some replacement parts:

https://syntaur.com/yamaha_dgx.html

MARIO L will be eternally grateful.