Nintendo Wii U

The Wii U is a video game console paired with a handheld device made by Nintendo that allows users to play games on the GamePad. Repairing the console and the controller is straightforward as the device is very modular.

How do I replace the Wii U gamepad digitizer?

After reviewing the breakdown guide of the Wii U gamepad, I am left wondering if taking the digitizer and LCD screen apart will break them due to the adhesive, and what type of adhesive I should use on the new digitizer to attach it to my LCD screen.

Most Helpful Answer

As the teardown says, the LCD is fused to the digitizer. This means that you can't repair one without replacing both parts. It's unfortunate that manufacturers do this to save a few millimeters of thickness, but fused parts are fairly standard in phones and other displays.

Thanks Adam. Would you happen to know where or what kind of adhesive I need to get my gamepad up and running again?

by Nathan

I'm sorry, I don't happen to know. Hopefully somebody else can help you there :)

by Adam Hintz

@Nathan, of course only Nintendo knows what type of adhesive they are using for sure. Adhesives used for that purpose are called LOCA (Liquid Optically Clear Adhesives) I know that 3M as well as Loctite have their brands. Check on here http://www.pcm411.com/promoimages/2012_E... for more information. You can get some of it here http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/...

by oldturkey03

hello, I had to replace the digitizer Wii u gamepad for a new, more is not working, may be because of the black sticker that is put to paste the digitizer with LCD? where can I find this sticker? I'm from Brazil, Thanks.

Nathan will be eternally grateful.