0

umagon1337
11

Is there a way I can turn the Olympus E-P3 screen on/off?

One day the screen was black after i switched it on. The touch functions still works, i can take pictures touching the screen.

I can use the VF-1 optical viewfinder and it works as it should.

So everything works, except that the screen is black.

Is there a function i've missed where you can turn the screen on/off? (i've read the manual and can't find anything about this)

Can it be a loose cable as the touch is working, but not the image?

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , umagon1337 ( )

1

umagon1337, it does not appears as if the LCD can be turned off on purpose. The E-P3 uses two separate ribbon cables on the display, so it is possible that you are having trouble with the LCD ribbon while the digitizer still works. At this point I suggest that you disassemble your camera and check for any loose connection. Take a look at the LCD, it appears as if you are needing a new one.

Thank you for your answer. I guess i will buy the right tools and open it up as you say and hope it is just the one ribbon cable.

umagon1337,

Sounds like a good plan, I hope it will work out for you. Thank you for accepting my answer.