Repair guides for Android mobile phones manufactured by Motorola (a subsidiary of Lenovo) including cell phones, smartphones, and the popular Droid product line.

Why is my music still playing out loud with headphones in?

When i plug my headphones in my phone, the music plays out loud. I don't know why. I changed headphones but that wasn't the solution

I got a flash light and looked in my headphone jack and there's nothing inside of it. And I looked on settings and I dident find anything I wonder if I need to restore it

My issue with my LG is my head phones broke off into my phone if i dont have a Bluetooth how do i play music outloud on my phone i can't find a speaker phone botton unless im making a phone call thats the only time i can here anything on speaker

I'm having same issue with my Infinix Hot S. My music plays out loud when I plug in my earphone. Pls I need solution urgently.

Iplug the headphones into the jack, the music plays thorough the internal speaker. How do I get music to come out of the headphones?

I tried all of this. My phone works with all earbuds except my apple ones, but the apple ones work fine on my laptop.

Rakeria Washington, sounds like it is the actual headphone jack. It should turn off the circuit to your speaker when it detects that the headphones are plugged in. If you give us the model of your phone, we might be able to help you with the replacement as well. Hope this helps, good luck.

I have a lg fortune and only one ear is working which is the left every now and then the right comes back on canny help me fix it please

Also I'm using Bluetooth headphoned

@passionate if you are using a bluetooth headset check your crossover cable. From left to right or vice versa.

Hey! I seem to have the same issue however I'm using a different model? I believe it's called Huawei Honor 8 lite.

I am facing the same issue with my Android OPPO F3 plus. Can anyone please me with the issue. And headphone are compatible with this phone because I was using the same headphones in past

This happened on my Moto X and it was because lint was inside the headphone jack preventing the headphones from making a solid connection. Power down the phone and use a wooden or plastic toothpick and make sure there is nothing jammed inside the headphone jack.

I have a brand new Samsung galaxy j5 2017. It came with headphones in the box. Nothing is jammed in the jack. All bluetooth etc is switched off. I've rebooted the phone several times and started it with headphones in and headphones out. The phone will not play music through headphones. Just blasts it from the phone speakers....help....sooooo frustrated!

Restart your phone. i came here looking for answers. i use a kyocera hydro vibe and the headpjone outlet didn't want to work. but after i restarted it it worked fine.

Answer was sooo very helpful I did not know what to do I tried your solution and it worked perfectly. Very great advice.

Worked for me too

I have a similar problem only when I plug my head phones in on my new lg stylo 3 from boost mobile it keeps flashing between listening and my music or game or whatever else I was trying to use them for. Very annoyi ng

Restarting does not solve the problem. I need to know how to set the settings to make the music come out of the headphones.

Hello. It might not be the actual headphones. More than likely there is a setting on your phone that can direct the sound to your headphones. It happens a lot to me, but I change the settings to "headphones" from "internal speaker" and it works every time. I hope this helps.

how do you do that? i have a Zte Maven

I Have A Samsung Galaxy Mega 2, How Do I Change Mines!? I Don't Know Where To Go 2 Change It!

How do you change the settings to "headphones" from "internal speaker" ? Step by Step. What settings?

I had this problem. I got a cotton but cleaned it out blew down the hole and also my phone was due a system update, this was a galaxy s6 edge. Then I left it over night and it worked the next morning. If your phone needs an update to that but defiantly attempt cleaning it it can work

Do you think this could work for an iPhone 7?

If your headphones or earphones are playing out loud after you've plugged them in there might me a broken piece inside where the earphones go that's why mines kept playing out loud l. You might need a new phone or get it fix the part that was broken my dad kept outing it back into place with a needle but it would work then pause and play out loud. You might need a new phone. Hope this works

I think a piece of metal has broken off the end of my other earbuds in the headphones jack. I can't afford a new phone. My phone has to last me a long time. I only had my phone for about 2-3 months. I can't buy a new one. Is there anyway I can just go get it fixed? Maybe at the mall or Walmart?

I have an older version of Sony Xperia and the music plays outloud with my headphones plugged in but once I switched headphones there wasn't a problem but I can't find the setting that I accidentally switched that made my phone unresponsive to my headphones. Normally a "headphones plugged in" message pops up but now it doesn't.

I've got the Samsung S9 with the same issue. It SUX!

Whatever it is, it has nothing to do with hardware. It’s a settings issue and no one seems to know how to communicate the way to fix it.

I have a moto E4 it just plays out loud when I plug it in. And sometimes when I plug it in the volume automatically goes all the way up. What's wrong?

Rakeria Washington will be eternally grateful.