How to confirm logic board failure?

Hi all,

Need some help making a decision on what to do next with my 13" MBP (2009, A1278). A month ago I was getting some battery errors (not charging, etc) and replaced the AC adapter. No change. Next was a new battery (the old one was nearing 900 cycles, so, it had done it's duty) and when I installed it, it was not recognized by the computer (black X across the icon, coconut battery also did not see it). It would turn on when plugged in - some of the time - and gave a solid green light on the magsafe.

Assuming a faulty battery, I returned it and purchased another, only to get the same results. Except after turning on once and showing me the same thing, it is now non-responsive entirely.

I have been through the steps of resetting the PRAM, the SMC, etc. My conclusion is that I misinterpreted power problems for the AC adapter, and in the time before getting a new battery managed to hurt my logic board. I suppose there is also a chance that I shorted it when replacing the battery, though I attempted to mitigate those risks.

I also have non-apple-sanctioned hdd and ram, and after reading other's accounts of not getting great service from the genius bar with such setups makes me reticent to bother with them. I am contemplating sending it out to the electronic shops that are on eBay for ~$220 to repair. Any ideas or guidance is welcome. Thanks!

-db-

Most Helpful Answer

This could be the same has what i had.My Mac had no power going to it.So got new adapter still no power even new battery as mine my Macbook is a late 2008 model still no power.In the end i got a new DC board and every thing come back working as it shod.So it could maybe just be the same for you

Doug will be eternally grateful.