The HTC One (codenamed M7) is HTC's 2013 flagship smartphone. It features a seamlessly designed unibody aluminum frame, large dual front-facing speakers, and a 4.7-inch 1080p display.

What manufacturer produced the micro USB?

I'm curious as to what micro USB is being used because HTC used really poor USB ports on their HTC One X and Evo 4G that wouldn't charge most of the times.

Sounds like its not fully connected to the board. Replacements are widely available, but its a solder job. I think the ports themselves are pretty generic across the board. The issue is with the location and the support provided by the housing and if there is any additional structural support for the solder connections on the board. If you drop it or otherwise jerk the cable while its plugged in, all of that force is transferred to the port's connections on the board, if there is nothing in place to absorb some damage.

Phil Phan will be eternally grateful.