Turn it on and it turns right off

My tv turns on then turns right back. The picture is not good. I have to turn it on and off four or five times before it stays on. Don't know what the deal is

This model has issues with the power board. Have you checked for any bad caps? what have you checked thus far?

I haven't check anything yet. Really not sure what to check. Bought the tv in 07. Just checking to see if its an easy fix or I should cut my loses

I've checked for bad caps but didn't see any bad ones

There not bad if the tops aren't popped up correct?

There was one that had like gummy sticky stuff all over it looked like glue

Nick,It does sound like a power board issue. Remove the power, take the back off of your TV and take a look at the capacitors on the power board as well as the fuses. Follow this guide for the fuses. Look for any bulging tops on the caps as well as any leakage. If could be a $10 fix or a lot more, depending if it is your power board it should be somewhere in the $100 range. I would at least take a good look at it and see what it needs before writing it off. Those are pretty good TV's...:-) Hope this helps, good luck.

I had the same issue... same model. .. I had the power board Replaced. .. now 2 years later its turning off then on over and over. ... Ill check the fuses before giving up. .. its only 3 yrs old :(

Nick will be eternally grateful.