Samsung Galaxy Note II

The Samsung Galaxy Note II is a smartphone noted for its combination of a large display and software optimized for an integral self-storing stylus.

How do I fix my cracked screen?

I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II and I recently cracked the screen but not the digitizer, could you guys please if you can put up a step by step video or guide in the near future for this phone. Thank you

Most Helpful Answer

You can't. I just tried by ordering the front glass, disassembling the phone, removing the glass and replacing it. The problem is that the front glass is glued to the the display as a stack. It's nearly impossible to pull the front glass off without cracking the display. I was very gentle but still cracked it. Also, there are several ribbon connectors that are glued to the back of the glass which makes it even more difficult.

If you don't wan to buy a whole new phone, buy the glass and screen stack rather than just the glass. But that's still several hundred dollars.

I cut my losses and bought a replacement. I'm still grieving but wish I hadn't of wasted more money on the glass.

I'd have to disagree with John. If you apply proper heating you can easily remove the cracked glass from the OLED, without damaging it. A proper hot gun is needed google around there are some great videos showing how to add a new glass.

by Eric Guzman

i agree as well. but i don't use a heat gun as it can produce a uncontrolled heat and is not applied evenly across the surface. I use a temp controlled heat plate and at 70 Celsius and slowly and carefully peel off the glass. then reapply and the new glass and reheat.

by qpunk

Replacing the glass only on the iPhone 4/4s was hard enough. The note II is much more difficult. It's bonded differently than models in the past and separating the LCD from the digitizer is much more complex.

You could take on the repair from the information on youtube video but I wouldn't recommend if it's your first rodeo.

The best option would probably be to sell the broken LCD screen to a company that specializes in that type of repair or a local repair shop that might have the experience. Instead of having the entire cost of a new LCD assembly (Note II are towards the $200 range) you could buy a new one and sell your bad old one.

hello

everyone

i have been reparing cellphones for over a year and i made few videos with a lot details about how to separate LCD from the broken gorilla glass. Also i made a video explaning all the theory behind it and after that all the practices so you can see how it is made. I hope it help you all guys.

Theory of how to fix gorilla glass at any samsung galaxy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOAauYYN...

how to repair galaxy s4 screen glass replacement (gorilla glass)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J458v0LN...

how to remove gorilla glass from LCD on galaxy S3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnuoCm_e...

how to change display from a galaxy s4 (complete frame LCD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85pOvI6O...

enjoy!

here i made a video about how to change the gorilla glass but with UV GLUE otherwise it wont have the same sensitivity. i hope it will helps How to fix broken gorilla glass galaxy s3 mini with UV glue (it is very similar to the note 2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYX3Vx3i... and here i made other video about 30 minutes explaining everything Theory of how to fix gorilla glass at any samsung galaxy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOAauYYN... enjoy!!

by Gabriel Barrandeguy

I found these two videos about the Note 2 disassembly and assembly. Hope this can help you.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 disassembly video

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 assembly video

Guys be careful when replacing the glass only, I have been replacing screens for years now and the note 2 has a nasty habit of losing the digitizer display after a glass replacement even if you are as gentle as a mouse.

Gareth

You can replace just the glass but you have to be very careful and know how much heat to apply. The screens are very fragile and one false move will surely break the amoled

I know its not as fun as fixing it yourself but there is another option. If you call Samsung customer support you can actually send it in and have them fix the screen. It cost me about $180 including shipping and took about 2 1/2 weeks. There was also a cellphone repair place here in town that could have done it in a day, but they wanted to charge me $286. Either option is still way cheaper than buying a new phone.

CPR Cell Phone Repair (a chain) quoted me $149.99 + tax to replace the glass. I haven't decided yet, but it seems cheaper than other options I've seen here.

Cell Phone Repair quoted $295 to replace the glass and digitizer. Geez. But I guess it's a delicate process.

Just successfully replaced the glass display on my Note II! I cracked (crushed is probably a better description) the glass display on my Note II a few weeks ago and just worked up the courage to replace the glass myself. I have never done it before and spent a lot of time watching Youtube videos of it being done and getting all of the supplies I needed (glass replacement kit included a pre-cut sticker/tape and some tools for 12 EUR, clear tape, alcohol to clean the glass, glass cleaning cloths, thin plastic and glass knives, hair blow-dryer). It took over an hour, but worked just fine and looks like new (not bad for 12 EUR, a full replacement (Glass, touch and LCD) was around 200 EUR!).

What is annoying is that the quality of the glass display I purchased on Ebay doesn't seem to be the best quality and in bright light you can see lightly colored streaks toward the bottom of the screen. Also, the very bottom of the screen is not very responsive to touch but works fine with the pen... both slightly annoying, but I might keep a watch out for better quality glass and then do another replacement (wish they had gorilla glass for Note II, only on Note I and III for some reason!)... and I can always fork out the 200 for a full replacement some day (maybe prices will sink as new Notes come out)...

Here's a 'How to' video with 6 easy to follow steps to replace your shattered/cracked Samsung Galaxy Note II screen, learn what to do in under 10 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUE2VllC...

If you are unsure what tools you will need, this other video shows the recommended

tools to make your life easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xID87OEpL...

Good luck!

Hi friend, you need buy one piece of tempered glass screeen protector protector your smartphone cracked screen again. Here i know this premium protective film is good and best help you.

That much? Well if you buy the screen on ebay it's about $10 dollars only. There are a lot of videos you can follow and I'm sure you guys can do it. I've done 2 phones already and working great. My sister was gonna get charge for her samsung note 2 screen replacement for $100 I said I'll fix it for free you buy the parts $10 She asked if I have done it before I said nope, but I think I can do it. She trusted me and saved $90 :) I also felt like a technician. haha Also to make it more secure upon installing it's always better to add a tempered glass they only cost $5.

Jean will be eternally grateful.