Before merging with HP, Compaq manufactured a full range of laptop computers. Now they are manufactured by HP mostly with basic features.

How can I reset password without reset disk?

I reloaded Windows XP and the log on password reset and I can't log on. I don't have password reset disk either.

My dad reset my password to my laptop so the grandkids couldn't get into it and forgot what it is. We're stuck on the login screen and don't have a reset disk... Laptops locked down! Years worth of pics and video's are on it and can't access them. Please help...

I have a problem with my laptop HP, my laptop has a password and I know the password, but if I put the right password,,, and it's says "the User Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be logon."... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Thanks.....

I'm locked out of my laptop but im logged in under my son's User name and he forgot the password and i have flash drive disk nor a floppy disk to work with so now what am i to do

Im Asking For Some Assistance. Please With Helping Me To Unlock my Toshiba satellite. Special. Edition. Laptop. Using windows. 6.1 Because I was unsuccessful. With recovering. My password. So here i am again please someone. Anybody please help me

i forgot my password of ma laptop samsung windows 8 what can i do with it how can i reset my password and i havent a drive disk

Just use NTPASSWD, it's been around forever. A lot of Linux bootable recovery systems have it built in.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

It has been a while since my original comment.

I've used (and still use) ntpasswd for many years from XP thru Windows 8 on hundreds of systems and have blanked out the user admin password. The key word here is BLANK out the password.

It is just a matter of following the menus by selecting the drive with the sam file, listing the windows accounts, unlocking the account using the id of the account, it will be something like 0x01b3, then selecting the option to blank the password. Last, when you quit, it will ask if you would like to write the changes. Restart and at the Windows login screen click on the account that was unlocked and leave the password field blank. Once inside Windows you can go to the user account and set a new password.

For Windows 10 systems, with a Local Account (only), I've used this guide several times without a problem.

https://4sysops.com/archives/reset-a-win...

it did not work for me

it did notwork for me

I followed this guide and successfully used NTPASSWD to reset my forgotten password:

http://www.chntpw.com/guide/

Thank you a lot!

Been trying it for 10 minutes will not reset my password

My daughter gave me her old laptop awhile back but she had no power cord for it so I got a cord and neither me nor her can remember the password and I have no floppy disk or anything it says I need please can someone help me reset this thing

Free solution. Press F11 button while powering up.

Follow instructions for factory reset.

Computer will be left in as new condition and all your files are gone but you can set a new password now.

Thank You... that one worked... I had nothing on my laptop to loose, it kept asking for my password and nothing I typed in helped and I know all my passwords.... hurray...thanks again!

This and nothing has helped. I am on the factory reset and I need the admin password this is frustraing

Pressing F11 worked like a charm.!

Thank You.

Trying to reset my toshiba laptop password with USB hard drive

It worked thank you

hello , i understand the problem well. i think you should try restore and reset the computer or try some stepps using safe mode . its very hard to get through the admin password with old computer settings but in windows 10 now you can reset the password using the Microsoft account i can tell you for this kind of issue just visit blog how to reset windows password with reset disk and see if this can help if not than let me know i will try to help further. thanks

Hello I'm having a problem trying to use all suggested to rest my password. Please help

I forget my password and I don't have a USB flash drive to reset it. Please help me!!!

I can't log on my loptop because I forgot the password og my gmail

I can't login In my hp laptop forgot my password

I personally use TunesBro WinGeeker to reset my login password on Dell laptop, it works fine and fast!

source: https://www.tunesbro.com/reset-hp-laptop...

You can use windows password buster to create password reset disk. This software helped me reset my password.

You can take a look for the details: click here

A reinstall will lost all data. I recommend to follow this tutorial to reset windows 7 admin password without any data loss. It use reset disk to set old password to blank.

Nope, did not work.

I have a hP laptop and I forgot my password and my email address is a hotmail and I don't know it can someone please help

I have a hp laptop And can't get it to it cause I forgot my password

sorry i need only to reset my password

Clane,

You have a few options available to you;

First of all I would try the simplest route. There is an Administrator account that is created with every windows Xp install. At the login screen, hit alt+ctrl+del 2 times, it should give you another login box, it may have a user name already inside it. Delete the user name, and type, "Administrator" no quotes. Hit enter, and it should log you in with admin privileges. From there goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords to your liking.

Second you can use the F8 key during windows startup. Continually hit F8 when your computer first turns on, BEFORE the windows screen loads. It will prompt you with choices on how to boot windows. Choose Safe Mode, and goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords there.

Good luck!

Thank you the first one worked

Actually when I got to the control panel the screen was blank

Not allowing me change the password

Hello I have windows 7 ultimate on a HP. I have tried both your solutions and got bothing. I have also tried F8 the " start safe mode, start with command prompt, and start with network all take me back to the login page.....I no .suppose to be able to.do what you mention but it doesn't...got any solutions?

For the second one I continually pressed f8 and it ca,e up but after pressing safe mode it just went blank need help

The login box won't appear

For those who are locked out of their computer and want their data, and in case a password removal disk did not work, here's a fix I use all the time:

- Power down laptop, disconnect from charger, remove or disconnect battery;

- Remove HDD;

- Put it in a USB enclosure; connect it to a Mac or Linux based system; if it's a Mac, make sure it has something like "Paragon NTFS" installed in order for it to read NTFS drives;

- Access the "user" files as if it was an external storage, and copy the needed data;

- Put back the hard disk in your computer, reconnect battery;

- Format or reset to factory settings depending on what configuration you have, such as access from a different admin user. Re-install OS, softwares, and copy data back.

Lengthy, but works every time.

Just download oph crack live boot cd and burn it to any removable disk u have ( cd or usb) then boot ur computer from it . after that wait a few seconds for ophcrack run automatically or u may press enter to advance.if everything goes well u will se an NTML hash copy the hash code on a paper and navigate to crackstation.net or any other online hash code decryptor and paste the hash code there and click crack. You will then see ur passowrd and thats it.

There are 2 methods for you to reset the forgotten XP password without a reset disk:

Method 1: Use another administrator account to Reset Window XP Password.

Step 1: Restart your computer, press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” two times, then enter the administrator name and password if you know the password, if you don’t, leave it blank, click “Ok”.

Step 2: Start to reset the password by pressing “Win+R” and type control user passwords 2 and hit “Enter”.

Step 3: Click the name of the user accounts you what recover password for, and click “Reset password”. Type a new password and type it again to confirm it. Restart the computer to log on to Windows XP again.

Method 2: Reset Windows XP password from safe mode.

1. Start your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2. Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.

3. Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen. If you've ever set an administrator password, you must enter that password instead of leaving the "Password" field blank. Usually the Administrator password is blank.

4. Click on "Start" and “Control Panel". Then Click” user accounts”.

5. Pick an account to change, here we select “ Mike”.

6. Click “Change the password".

7. Type a new password for that account.

If the methods above don't work you can refer to a third-party tool-Windows Password key.

this was the most useless thing in my life wtf get out

reset password on laptop

Here are some method to reset your windows password-

If you have a windows cd if you have not then create a bootable usb device and load a windows file in flash drive.

1- Create a bootable usb device.

First download an iso image file of windows 7 & save in computer.

Install power iso in your computer.

Choose an option to create a pendrive bootable and load ISO image file in flash drive.

Click “Browse” to locate your Windows ISO file.

Click “Next.”

Choose media type- select usb drive.

Click next.

Erase your usb device- Click yes.

Now it will creating a bootable usb device.

when process finished close it.

Restart your computer…

then boot up your computer with windows cd or usb pen-drive by pressing fn + f12.

Follow the process.

Click on repair your computer.

Steps for laptop password recovery with command in safe mode:

Step 1: Boot or Reboot your Windows 7 laptop (take Windows 7 as example now).

Step 2: Hold on F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options before the Windows 7 loading screen appears.

Or Press CTRL to enter Advanced Boot Options when computer power on.

Step 3: Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the coming screen, and press Enter.

There are three options for choice, Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt. In order to reset Windows user password with command prompt, select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

Step 4: Wait for Windows 7 to load files until Windows login screen comes out.

Step 5: Log in with an administrator account or built-in administrator when you see login screen.

Step 6: Command Prompt runs automatically. Type net user in the Command Prompt and press Enter to see how many user accounts in locked laptop. Then all of laptop users will be listed in the Command Prompt.

Step 7: Choose one administrator to reset forgotten password for laptop.

Step 8: Login your laptop with the new password after successfully laptop password reset.

For those trying to use ntpasswd without luck, here is a quick guide on different approach: http://resetpasswordhow.com

Be careful when downloading "free", "100% guranateed" windows password utilities as they can totally mess up your windows admin account and damage the data. I learned this the hard way.

You will not be able to follow these steps if you have locked your computer.

1. If you have typed the wrong password, you'll receive a message that says your user name or password is incorrect. When this message appears, click OK.

2. Click Reset password, and then follow the instructions.

To use an administrator account to reset your password

Warning: If you use an administrator account to reset the password, you will permanently lose access to any e‑mail messages or encrypted files that are on that account.

1. Log on to the administrator account that you will use to reset the forgotten password.

2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.* Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.

4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.

5. Type and confirm the new password.

source: https://www.tunesbro.com/reset-windows-1...

Generally, there are two different account types on Windows computer: local accounts and Microsoft accounts. Local accounts are identical to accounts on previous versions of Windows. Data is stored locally, and the account is only known on the local device.

A Microsoft Account on the other hand is an online account, and as such, introduces new options to reset the account password should the need arise. You can directly reset the password from here: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.a...

There are so many recommendations, it would be much better to pick up the best from the list. I had the fortune to get back my password with ntpasswd (windows XP/Vista) and Windows Password Recovery Pro (Windows 10). For beginner users, the later is much better because it has an intuitive user interface.

Step by step tutorial: http://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/r...

An example for how to reset Windows 7 password without reset disk:

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-7-pass...

A powerful utility for Windows password reset without reset disk:

iSunshare Windows Password Genius, Chntpw, Ophrack

For more details, please see introductions below.

Case 1: If you just want to sign in your Windows XP computer

1. Access computer with another administrator account

2. Start Windows XP with built-in administrator in safe mode

3. Create a new administrator account when cannot sign in

Case 2: If you just want to reset Windows password without reset disk

Method 1: Create a Windows password reset disk to reset Windows password

Which app can help you to create a Windows password reset disk? Perhaps you have searched and found lots of such apps, but couldn't choose one effective and safe from them. In my opinion, Windows Password Genius is worth trying. While you run it on an accessible Windows computer, it will give you a chance to burn a USB or CD disk with this program. Then after booting locked computer from the USB or CD disk, you can easily reset Windows password.

Method 2: Create a Windows installation disk to reset Windows password

The Windows system installation disk will not only help you to install/reinstall/repair you Windows system, but also change the registry file to reset Windows password or create new user account.

Firstly, create a Windows installation disk.

Secondly, boot locked computer from installation disk, and replace ease of access icon with command prompt program.

Thirdly, open Command Prompt on login screen and reset Windows password with command line.

Method 3: Create a Windows password recovery disk with other free programs

Besides the professional Windows Password Genius, there are also several third-party free Windows password recovery programs, such as Chntpw, Ophcrack etc. You can burn them into USB or CD as a Windows password recovery disk.

Then start locked computer from them and reset Windows password by following wizard.

See how to reset Windows password with chntpw.

No one referring reinstall? It is still an solid method to remove login password from any Windows distribution. Plus, this will also fix the lag problem.

Even you are looking for a password reset software, there are many free one out there. Here are a few good ones:

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.h...

https://www.passmoz.com/reset-windows-10...

https://www.lifewire.com/offline-nt-pass...

The methods mentioned in the reply are not useful and not easy to use. I'd like to recommend some free tool like like ntpassword, ophcrack and passfolk saverwin (Free), they're totally free and easy to use.

http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

http://www.chntpw.com/download/

https://www.passfolk.com/windows-passwor...

totally free, but you can consider to donate them.

Obviously, none of these answers has actually been tried by the individuals reporting them. If they have tried them, they wouldn't post THOSE answers. Maybe the site should change its ID to

Www. Techsreadanswersoutofmanuels.com

Or

Www. Giveposterstheseanswersinthisorder. Com

Hey you people are advertising, so take your truth medicine. Truth is you don't have any answers. I know because I'm being ignored. I'm just speaking the truth. And the truth is I have lost a post andvbeen ignored everytime. Anybody got what it takes to tackle my problem? I'm getting more doubtful by the minutes of silence!

☆WINDOWS 10 Forgot sign in password:

- Depress & hold shift, select "RESTART."

-KEEP THE SHIFT BUTTON HELD DOWN.

-A menu will appear.

-SELECT TROUBLE SHOOTING OPTIONS.

- Then go through the 2 screen prompts that perform your reset. If you didn't know your password, it is best to do a factory reset.

-Hopefully you'll have backed up your files as this will wipe everything, but you'll be back in.

A FACTORY RESET IN WINDOWS 10 THEN TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR AT LEAST.

GOOD LUCK!

I found this artilce offers 6 ways to reset your windows password, it lists all possible methods and give cons.

https://www.passcue.com/windows-10-passw...

i'm sure it would be helpful!

I have a post about problem. But it not english. You can use google translate to read it.

http://vitinhquan7.info/pha-pass-win-10/

Score -1

clane will be eternally grateful.

All Time: 1,096,788