Before merging with HP, Compaq manufactured a full range of laptop computers. Now they are manufactured by HP mostly with basic features.

How can I reset password without reset disk?

I reloaded Windows XP and the log on password reset and I can't log on. I don't have password reset disk either.

i forgot my pc password

My dad reset my password to my laptop so the grandkids couldn't get into it and forgot what it is. We're stuck on the login screen and don't have a reset disk... Laptops locked down! Years worth of pics and video's are on it and can't access them. Please help...

I have a problem with my laptop HP, my laptop has a password and I know the password, but if I put the right password,,, and it's says "the User Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be logon."... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Thanks.....

I forgot my password..shitt

I'm locked out of my laptop but im logged in under my son's User name and he forgot the password and i have flash drive disk nor a floppy disk to work with so now what am i to do

Just use NTPASSWD, it's been around forever. A lot of Linux bootable recovery systems have it built in.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

It has been a while since my original comment.

I've used (and still use) ntpasswd for many years from XP thru Windows 8 on hundreds of systems and have blanked out the user admin password. The key word here is BLANK out the password.

It is just a matter of following the menus by selecting the drive with the sam file, listing the windows accounts, unlocking the account using the id of the account, it will be something like 0x01b3, then selecting the option to blank the password. Last, when you quit, it will ask if you would like to write the changes. Restart and at the Windows login screen click on the account that was unlocked and leave the password field blank. Once inside Windows you can go to the user account and set a new password.

For Windows 10 systems, with a Local Account (only), I've used this guide several times without a problem.

https://4sysops.com/archives/reset-a-win...

it did not work for me

it did notwork for me

I followed this guide and successfully used NTPASSWD to reset my forgotten password:

http://www.chntpw.com/guide/

Thank you a lot!

Been trying it for 10 minutes will not reset my password

It don't works for my Windows 7, 64. as for me, I usd the iSeePassword Windows password recovery standand version to reset my login password , it's very easy to use and safe!

You can see how it works.

Free solution. Press F11 button while powering up.

Follow instructions for factory reset.

Computer will be left in as new condition and all your files are gone but you can set a new password now.

Thank You... that one worked... I had nothing on my laptop to loose, it kept asking for my password and nothing I typed in helped and I know all my passwords.... hurray...thanks again!

This and nothing has helped. I am on the factory reset and I need the admin password this is frustraing

Pressing F11 worked like a charm.!

Thank You.

Trying to reset my toshiba laptop password with USB hard drive

It worked thank you

hello , i understand the problem well. i think you should try restore and reset the computer or try some stepps using safe mode . its very hard to get through the admin password with old computer settings but in windows 10 now you can reset the password using the Microsoft account i can tell you for this kind of issue just visit blog how to reset windows password with reset disk and see if this can help if not than let me know i will try to help further. thanks

Hello I'm having a problem trying to use all suggested to rest my password. Please help

I forget my password and I don't have a USB flash drive to reset it. Please help me!!!

I can't log on my loptop because I forgot the password og my gmail

You can use windows password buster to create password reset disk. This software helped me reset my password.

You can take a look for the details: click here

I highly recommend using iSeePassword tool to reset your login password, safe and fast!

I reset my password using http://www.PasswordResetter.info in about 5 minutes. Last night, my wife decided she needed a password for her computer (this is after using it for 2 years without a password). Today when she powered it up, guess what? Wrong password. I found this website which helped me unlock her account in just a few minutes. Amazing! Kinda scary that it works as well as it does!

A reinstall will lost all data. I recommend to follow this tutorial to reset windows 7 admin password without any data loss. It use reset disk to set old password to blank.

Nope, did not work.

Yes, no matter who you are, you can create a password reset disk with some third-party tool, such as Chntpw or iSunshare Windows Password Genius on another accessible computer.

So whenever you forgot or lost Windows password and want to reset it, reset forgotten Windows password with reset disk is still a good way.

In summary, which way you can use to create Windows password reset disk?

1. "Create password reset disk" option on available computer.

2. Chntpw

3. iSunshare Windows Password Genius

Compared with first two, iSunshare Windows Password Genius could help to create password reset disk available for all Windows system password reset. Besides, it is designed with user-friendly interface, which is much easier to reset Windows password than disk created by Chntpw.

Clane,

You have a few options available to you;

First of all I would try the simplest route. There is an Administrator account that is created with every windows Xp install. At the login screen, hit alt+ctrl+del 2 times, it should give you another login box, it may have a user name already inside it. Delete the user name, and type, "Administrator" no quotes. Hit enter, and it should log you in with admin privileges. From there goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords to your liking.

Second you can use the F8 key during windows startup. Continually hit F8 when your computer first turns on, BEFORE the windows screen loads. It will prompt you with choices on how to boot windows. Choose Safe Mode, and goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords there.

Good luck!

Thank you the first one worked

Actually when I got to the control panel the screen was blank

Not allowing me change the password

Hello I have windows 7 ultimate on a HP. I have tried both your solutions and got bothing. I have also tried F8 the " start safe mode, start with command prompt, and start with network all take me back to the login page.....I no .suppose to be able to.do what you mention but it doesn't...got any solutions?

For the second one I continually pressed f8 and it ca,e up but after pressing safe mode it just went blank need help

The login box won't appear

For those who are locked out of their computer and want their data, and in case a password removal disk did not work, here's a fix I use all the time:

- Power down laptop, disconnect from charger, remove or disconnect battery;

- Remove HDD;

- Put it in a USB enclosure; connect it to a Mac or Linux based system; if it's a Mac, make sure it has something like "Paragon NTFS" installed in order for it to read NTFS drives;

- Access the "user" files as if it was an external storage, and copy the needed data;

- Put back the hard disk in your computer, reconnect battery;

- Format or reset to factory settings depending on what configuration you have, such as access from a different admin user. Re-install OS, softwares, and copy data back.

Lengthy, but works every time.

Just download oph crack live boot cd and burn it to any removable disk u have ( cd or usb) then boot ur computer from it . after that wait a few seconds for ophcrack run automatically or u may press enter to advance.if everything goes well u will se an NTML hash copy the hash code on a paper and navigate to crackstation.net or any other online hash code decryptor and paste the hash code there and click crack. You will then see ur passowrd and thats it.

There are 2 methods for you to reset the forgotten XP password without a reset disk:

Method 1: Use another administrator account to Reset Window XP Password.

Step 1: Restart your computer, press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” two times, then enter the administrator name and password if you know the password, if you don’t, leave it blank, click “Ok”.

Step 2: Start to reset the password by pressing “Win+R” and type control user passwords 2 and hit “Enter”.

Step 3: Click the name of the user accounts you what recover password for, and click “Reset password”. Type a new password and type it again to confirm it. Restart the computer to log on to Windows XP again.

Method 2: Reset Windows XP password from safe mode.

1. Start your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2. Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.

3. Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen. If you've ever set an administrator password, you must enter that password instead of leaving the "Password" field blank. Usually the Administrator password is blank.

4. Click on "Start" and “Control Panel". Then Click” user accounts”.

5. Pick an account to change, here we select “ Mike”.

6. Click “Change the password".

7. Type a new password for that account.

If the methods above don't work you can refer to a third-party tool-Windows Password key.

this was the most useless thing in my life wtf get out

reset password on laptop

This method doesn't work at work. After reboot, the password is still in there and you can't bypass login screen. To reset win 7 password, Windows Password Mate is the best choice out there.

Here are some method to reset your windows password-

If you have a windows cd if you have not then create a bootable usb device and load a windows file in flash drive.

1- Create a bootable usb device.

First download an iso image file of windows 7 & save in computer.

Install power iso in your computer.

Choose an option to create a pendrive bootable and load ISO image file in flash drive.

Click “Browse” to locate your Windows ISO file.

Click “Next.”

Choose media type- select usb drive.

Click next.

Erase your usb device- Click yes.

Now it will creating a bootable usb device.

when process finished close it.

Restart your computer…

then boot up your computer with windows cd or usb pen-drive by pressing fn + f12.

Follow the process.

Click on repair your computer.

Steps for laptop password recovery with command in safe mode:

Step 1: Boot or Reboot your Windows 7 laptop (take Windows 7 as example now).

Step 2: Hold on F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options before the Windows 7 loading screen appears.

Or Press CTRL to enter Advanced Boot Options when computer power on.

Step 3: Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the coming screen, and press Enter.

There are three options for choice, Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt. In order to reset Windows user password with command prompt, select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

Step 4: Wait for Windows 7 to load files until Windows login screen comes out.

Step 5: Log in with an administrator account or built-in administrator when you see login screen.

Step 6: Command Prompt runs automatically. Type net user in the Command Prompt and press Enter to see how many user accounts in locked laptop. Then all of laptop users will be listed in the Command Prompt.

Step 7: Choose one administrator to reset forgotten password for laptop.

Step 8: Login your laptop with the new password after successfully laptop password reset.

For those trying to use ntpasswd without luck, here is a quick guide on different approach: http://resetpasswordhow.com

Be careful when downloading "free", "100% guranateed" windows password utilities as they can totally mess up your windows admin account and damage the data. I learned this the hard way.

Locked out of up pavilion nothing will work using Windows 10

i am an idiot becos i forgot my password

Follow instructions for factory reset.

so what to do when you get the blue screen and i got the reset pc clicked on it but it ask for a media somthing but thats it it wont let me reset

I have window 7 can anyone tell me how I can reset my passcode with out needing a disk.... I have tried the f8 and I have tried the f11 and no luck!!!!

You will not be able to follow these steps if you have locked your computer.

1. If you have typed the wrong password, you'll receive a message that says your user name or password is incorrect. When this message appears, click OK.

2. Click Reset password, and then follow the instructions.

To use an administrator account to reset your password

Warning: If you use an administrator account to reset the password, you will permanently lose access to any e‑mail messages or encrypted files that are on that account.

1. Log on to the administrator account that you will use to reset the forgotten password.

2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.* Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.

4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.

5. Type and confirm the new password.

source: https://www.tunesbro.com/reset-windows-1...

None of the following was helpful thanks I'm stupid

Generally, there are two different account types on Windows computer: local accounts and Microsoft accounts. Local accounts are identical to accounts on previous versions of Windows. Data is stored locally, and the account is only known on the local device.

A Microsoft Account on the other hand is an online account, and as such, introduces new options to reset the account password should the need arise. You can directly reset the password from here: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.a...

There are so many recommendations, it would be much better to pick up the best from the list. I had the fortune to get back my password with ntpasswd (windows XP/Vista) and Windows Password Recovery Pro (Windows 10). For beginner users, the later is much better because it has an intuitive user interface.

Step by step tutorial: http://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/r...

I have tried everything nothing works I have a Dell laptop 7

clane will be eternally grateful.