Compaq Laptop Repair

Before merging with HP, Compaq manufactured a full range of laptop computers. Now they are manufactured by HP mostly with basic features.

SOLVED: How can I reset password without reset disk?

I reloaded Windows XP and the log on password reset and I can't log on. I don't have password reset disk either.

i forgot my pc password

by mela gezu

My dad reset my password to my laptop so the grandkids couldn't get into it and forgot what it is. We're stuck on the login screen and don't have a reset disk... Laptops locked down! Years worth of pics and video's are on it and can't access them. Please help...

by brownboys361

I have a problem with my laptop HP, my laptop has a password and I know the password, but if I put the right password,,, and it's says "the User Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be logon."... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Thanks.....

by icevangelistaph

I forgot my password..shitt

by jhonrey

I'm locked out of my laptop but im logged in under my son's User name and he forgot the password and i have flash drive disk nor a floppy disk to work with so now what am i to do

by MrsDuncan40

Just use NTPASSWD, it's been around forever. A lot of Linux bootable recovery systems have it built in.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

it did not work for me

by debageedell

it did notwork for me

by David Baker

I followed this guide and successfully used NTPASSWD to reset my forgotten password:

http://www.chntpw.com/guide/

Thank you a lot!

by matjaz vetek

Been trying it for 10 minutes will not reset my password

by daddyabode

It don't works for my Windows 7, 64. as for me, I usd the iSeePassword Windows password recovery standand version to reset my login password , it's very easy to use and safe!

You can see how it works.

by Funnrosly

Free solution. Press F11 button while powering up.

Follow instructions for factory reset.

Computer will be left in as new condition and all your files are gone but you can set a new password now.

Thank You... that one worked... I had nothing on my laptop to loose, it kept asking for my password and nothing I typed in helped and I know all my passwords.... hurray...thanks again!

by silverbounty

This and nothing has helped. I am on the factory reset and I need the admin password this is frustraing

by tina settles

Pressing F11 worked like a charm.!

Thank You.

by mizjudy

Trying to reset my toshiba laptop password with USB hard drive

by Tonya duke

It worked thank you

by ruben rosado

You can use windows password buster to create password reset disk. This software helped me reset my password.

You can take a look for the details: click here

I highly recommend using iSeePassword tool to reset your login password, safe and fast!

by Misnilaliy

I reset my password using http://www.PasswordResetter.info in about 5 minutes. Last night, my wife decided she needed a password for her computer (this is after using it for 2 years without a password). Today when she powered it up, guess what? Wrong password. I found this website which helped me unlock her account in just a few minutes. Amazing! Kinda scary that it works as well as it does!

by ganzalo2081

A reinstall will lost all data. I recommend to follow this tutorial to reset windows 7 admin password without any data loss. It use reset disk to set old password to blank.

by ultramag96

Nope, did not work.

by judydest2020

Yes, no matter who you are, you can create a password reset disk with some third-party tool, such as Chntpw or iSunshare Windows Password Genius on another accessible computer.

So whenever you forgot or lost Windows password and want to reset it, reset forgotten Windows password with reset disk is still a good way.

In summary, which way you can use to create Windows password reset disk?

1. "Create password reset disk" option on available computer.

2. Chntpw

3. iSunshare Windows Password Genius

Compared with first two, iSunshare Windows Password Genius could help to create password reset disk available for all Windows system password reset. Besides, it is designed with user-friendly interface, which is much easier to reset Windows password than disk created by Chntpw.

by zeangy

Clane,

You have a few options available to you;

First of all I would try the simplest route. There is an Administrator account that is created with every windows Xp install. At the login screen, hit alt+ctrl+del 2 times, it should give you another login box, it may have a user name already inside it. Delete the user name, and type, "Administrator" no quotes. Hit enter, and it should log you in with admin privileges. From there goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords to your liking.

Second you can use the F8 key during windows startup. Continually hit F8 when your computer first turns on, BEFORE the windows screen loads. It will prompt you with choices on how to boot windows. Choose Safe Mode, and goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords there.

Good luck!

Thank you the first one worked

by gamgyrl

Actually when I got to the control panel the screen was blank

Not allowing me change the password

by gamgyrl

Hello I have windows 7 ultimate on a HP. I have tried both your solutions and got bothing. I have also tried F8 the " start safe mode, start with command prompt, and start with network all take me back to the login page.....I no .suppose to be able to.do what you mention but it doesn't...got any solutions?

by djzion7

For the second one I continually pressed f8 and it ca,e up but after pressing safe mode it just went blank need help

by aliza

Hi buddy, I find an article about how to reset Compaq password, you can read it and I hope it can solve your problem, good luck: http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/artic...

i dont find easy my computer is still not p\opening.OMG..........

by arsia dhungel

if you really want a solutian then get a windows7 setup usb drive or a disk and then contact me on my whatsapp 7085337555

its not so tough you might laugh after you go through the process

by Bangkimchandra Khundrakpam

by ganzalo2081

There are 2 methods for you to reset the forgotten XP password without a reset disk:

Method 1: Use another administrator account to Reset Window XP Password.

Step 1: Restart your computer, press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” two times, then enter the administrator name and password if you know the password, if you don’t, leave it blank, click “Ok”.

Step 2: Start to reset the password by pressing “Win+R” and type control user passwords 2 and hit “Enter”.

Step 3: Click the name of the user accounts you what recover password for, and click “Reset password”. Type a new password and type it again to confirm it. Restart the computer to log on to Windows XP again.

Method 2: Reset Windows XP password from safe mode.

1. Start your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2. Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.

3. Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen. If you've ever set an administrator password, you must enter that password instead of leaving the "Password" field blank. Usually the Administrator password is blank.

4. Click on "Start" and “Control Panel". Then Click” user accounts”.

5. Pick an account to change, here we select “ Mike”.

6. Click “Change the password".

7. Type a new password for that account.

If the methods above don't work you can refer to a third-party tool-Windows Password key. The official website is below:

http://www.lostwindowspassword.com

this was the most useless thing in my life wtf get out

by Potato Boy

For those who are locked out of their computer and want their data, and in case a password removal disk did not work, here's a fix I use all the time:

- Power down laptop, disconnect from charger, remove or disconnect battery;

- Remove HDD;

- Put it in a USB enclosure; connect it to a Mac or Linux based system; if it's a Mac, make sure it has something like "Paragon NTFS" installed in order for it to read NTFS drives;

- Access the "user" files as if it was an external storage, and copy the needed data;

- Put back the hard disk in your computer, reconnect battery;

- Format or reset to factory settings depending on what configuration you have, such as access from a different admin user. Re-install OS, softwares, and copy data back.

Lengthy, but works every time.

This page may help you: how to recover Windows xp password

by ganzalo2081

well what you could do is a clean reinstall of windows reformat the harddrive and install.

If you cannot login with another administrator account to reset windows 7 password and have no reset disk, don't be disappointed. You still have chance to get into your computer without losing any data and reinstalling system. This method shows you how to use password software to create a third party password reset disk which can help you reset lost password for windows 7 on any computer.

1. Download and install iSeePasword Windows Password Recovery tool on another accessible computer.

2. Create a password reset disk through USB device or CD/DVD.

Insert writable USB device or CD/DVD-ROM to accessible computer and click Begin burning, wait few minutes until burning successfully.

usb device burning successfully

3. Set the locked computer boot from USB device or CD/DVD.

Tips: How to Set Computer Boot from USB Device

set computer boot from cd

4. Boot the locked computer from USB device or CD/DVD.

5. Reset Windows 7 password or create new account for Windows 7. You can choose a user account, and click Reset Password to remove password for selected account. Or, you can click Add User to add a new user account to your windows 7 system.

forgot windows 7 password and have no reset disk

6. Restart computer after password recovery successfully, and login Windows 7 without password.

Follow instructions for factory reset.

Hey it's very simple just contact me when you got a bootable Windows disc or pendrive

If you doesn't mind losing data on system disk, then a factory reset is the best option. A reinstallation takes too much time and you need to install drivers, programs, etc...

However, if you do care about the data in system drive, then using password reset disk is the right option. You can quickly make a one with USB drive, pretty amazing right? Here is a tutorial. It works on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10.

Surely as is known, password reset disk is general but effective way for Windows password reset. So why we not find a way to create password reset disk even though you have no password reset disk now and are locked out of computer?

For example, what I know the utility that can create password reset disk are free Chntpw and powerful iSunshare Windows Password Genius.

1. Create password reset disk with Chntpw.

You would just need to download Chntpw from website http://www.pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/c.... And burn the ISO file into bootable CD or USB flash drive with burn tool, such as ULtralSO.

Boot locked computer from the disk (USB/CD-DVD) and reset forgotten windows user password by following wizard to do step by step. If you want to compare it with Windows Password Genius, the password reset disk burned with latter will be easier to reset forgotten Windows password on locked computer.

2. Create password reset disk with Windows Password Genius

If you cannot make sure which system your computer is installed with, you can download Windows Password Genius Advanced and run it on another available computer. Then burn it into writable USB drive.

Plug the USB password reset disk into locked computer, and boot computer from it. Instantly Windows Password Genius will run and reloads system information and all users and password status.

Just select the user you want to reset or remove Windows forgotten password, and click “Reset Password” button. Few seconds later, the selected user password would be removed or reset with default one. What you have to do now is reboot locked computer and eject password reset disk to make Windows password reset/remove.

More details about how to create password reset disk with Chntpw and Windows Password Genius and how to use the disk to reset Windows password, please see the article:

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-7-passw...

clane will be eternally grateful.