Compaq Laptop

Before merging with HP, Compaq manufactured a full range of laptop computers. Now they are manufactured by HP mostly with basic features.

How can I reset password without reset disk?

I reloaded windows xp and the logon password reset and I can't logon. I don't have password reset disk either.

i forgot my pc password

by mela gezu

My dad reset my password to my laptop so the grandkids couldn't get into it and forgot what it is. We're stuck on the login screen and don't have a reset disk... Laptops locked down! Years worth of pics and video's are on it and can't access them. Please help...

by brownboys361

Just use NTPASSWD, it's been around forever. A lot of Linux bootable recovery systems have it built in.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

it did not work for me

by debageedell

Most Helpful Answer

You can use windows password buster to create password reset disk. This software helped me reset my password.

You can take a look for the details: click here

Hi buddy, I find an article about how to reset Compaq password, you can read it and I hope it can solve your problem, good luck: http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/artic...

Clane,

You have a few options available to you;

First of all I would try the simplest route. There is an Administrator account that is created with every windows Xp install. At the login screen, hit alt+ctrl+del 2 times, it should give you another login box, it may have a user name already inside it. Delete the user name, and type, "Administrator" no quotes. Hit enter, and it should log you in with admin privileges. From there goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords to your liking.

Second you can use the F8 key during windows startup. Continually hit F8 when your computer first turns on, BEFORE the windows screen loads. It will prompt you with choices on how to boot windows. Choose Safe Mode, and goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords there.

Good luck!

Thank you the first one worked

by gamgyrl

Actually when I got to the control panel the screen was blank Not allowing me change the password

by gamgyrl

maybe this will help

there are a couple of free password recovery tools that do the job .. but it takes long and is quite technical

there is a software review on this blog to unlock windows computer

http://www.digitalgrog.com.au/software/r...

but it is paid software ..i have used it ..it works

you can use the tool ever helped for windows 7 password reset for help.

http://passwordtech.com/windows-password...

This tool is compatible with all windows versions. Download the trial version for trying.

i put in reset disk in my laptop and my laptop said there is no disk and i know there one in there

Here is the step-by-step guide to unlock windows computer

http://www.top-password.com/guide/reset-...

If you don't have a reset disk you can try create one by yourself. Through creating a disk to unlock Windows 7 password is really great method. When you choose this method you should prepare a blank DVD/CD or USB flash drive and choose the right software or program to download, no matter free or commercial. Personally, you can try Ophcrack, Kon-Boot, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor or Anmosoft Windows Password Reset. For Anmosoft you can download from:

http://www.resetwindowspassword.com

As I use password in keeping my document ,things become effective ,but the different password problems usually drive me to mad .Lukly ,my friends intruduce me Password Unlocker Bundle,it helps me not only reset my <a hrf="http://www.passwordunlocker.com/knowledg...>reset password windows 7</a>, but also help to <a hrf="http://www.passwordunlocker.com/blog/ret...>retrieve office 2013 product key</a>. It is an all-in-one password recovery tool for many types of passwords, like Windows, RAR, Office, PDF etc.It helps me a lot and I would like to intruduce to you ,too.

You can restore your system,but in this case you'll lost your data,and after you re-install your system,you also have to download others software ,this time consuming .the best way is that you install a reset disk ,the disk will help to reset your password easily.more detail can be read in Easy Ways to Reset Windows 7 Password.

Ophcrack is a workable solution to crack windows password. however, it needs you to download a large file about 700MB, and spend a lot time to crack the password. it is worth a try because it is free. If it fails, you can try other software like windows password unlocker, it can help you remove the password easily. See: how to reset windows 7 password

This page may help you: how to recover Windows xp password

There are 2 methods for you to reset the forgotten XP password without a reset disk:

Method 1: Use another administrator account to Reset Window XP Password.

Step 1: Restart your computer, press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” two times, then enter the administrator name and password if you know the password, if you don’t, leave it blank, click “Ok”.

Step 2: Start to reset the password by pressing “Win+R” and type control user passwords 2 and hit “Enter”.

Step 3: Click the name of the user accounts you what recover password for, and click “Reset password”. Type a new password and type it again to confirm it. Restart the computer to log on to Windows XP again.

Method 2: Reset Windows XP password from safe mode.

1. Start your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2. Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.

3. Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen. If you've ever set an administrator password, you must enter that password instead of leaving the "Password" field blank. Usually the Administrator password is blank.

4. Click on "Start" and “Control Panel". Then Click” user accounts”.

5. Pick an account to change, here we select “ Mike”.

6. Click “Change the password".

7. Type a new password for that account.

If the methods above don't work you can refer to a third-party tool-Windows Password key. The official website is below:

http://www.lostwindowspassword.com

The window 7 desktop computer not opening becouse i forget the password

In you case you can use a tool named Windows Password recovery Tool Ultimate to reset the password. Here are detailed steps:

Step 1. Download and install the Windows Password Recovery Tool

Step 2. Burn Password Reset files to a CD/DVD

Insert a blank CD/DVD. Follow the step-by-step guide to burn a Windows XP Password Reset disk. After burning successfully, you get a password reset disk. Now insert this password reset disk into the locked XP computer which you want to crack password.

Step 3. Set the BIOS to boot from CD/DVD

1. Turn on the locked XP computer and keep pressing "Del" or "F2" while the computer is initializing. Then you may see the bios setup interface.

Note : There is no standard interface for the BIOS setup program - the interface depends on the BIOS manufacturer. But most of them are windows-like.

In general, the Delete key provides access to the setup program during the boot process. Other BIOSes can use many different key combinations, including Esc, F1, F2, Ctrl+Esc, Alt+Esc, Ctrl+Alt+Esc.

2. Go to the boot menu and change bios setting to make it boot from CD/DVD or USB firstly.

3. Press F10 to save your changes, and restart computer.

4. After restart, the computer will automatically load Windows password cracking program.

5. Select the Windows installation you would like to change the password, and then choose "Reset your password". Click "Next" to proceed.

6. Select a password of the user account need to be changed. And type the password in the "New Password" box (Note: New password was changed to Re123456 by default, which you can edit it by yourself).

7. Now you have changed the password successfully. Click "Reboot" to restart your computer and login Windows system with the new password.

windows xp password changer

Step 4. Cracking Windows XP Password with the password reset CD/DVD

1. Choose the Windows XP Installation if you have more than one OS in this computer.

2. All Windows XP users will be listed. Select the user name which you forgot its password, click next and reboot after password cracking.

How do I reset an administrator password ? I bought a new compact 2010/11, an I can't do anything cause it is asking for an administrator password, an I have no clue what to do.

clane will be eternally grateful.