Before merging with HP, Compaq manufactured a full range of laptop computers. Now they are manufactured by HP mostly with basic features.

How can I reset password without reset disk?

I reloaded Windows XP and the log on password reset and I can't log on. I don't have password reset disk either.

i forgot my pc password

My dad reset my password to my laptop so the grandkids couldn't get into it and forgot what it is. We're stuck on the login screen and don't have a reset disk... Laptops locked down! Years worth of pics and video's are on it and can't access them. Please help...

I have a problem with my laptop HP, my laptop has a password and I know the password, but if I put the right password,,, and it's says "the User Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be logon."... PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Thanks.....

I forgot my password..shitt

I'm locked out of my laptop but im logged in under my son's User name and he forgot the password and i have flash drive disk nor a floppy disk to work with so now what am i to do

Just use NTPASSWD, it's been around forever. A lot of Linux bootable recovery systems have it built in.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

it did not work for me

it did notwork for me

I followed this guide and successfully used NTPASSWD to reset my forgotten password:

http://www.chntpw.com/guide/

Thank you a lot!

Been trying it for 10 minutes will not reset my password

It don't works for my Windows 7, 64. as for me, I usd the iSeePassword Windows password recovery standand version to reset my login password , it's very easy to use and safe!

You can see how it works.

Free solution. Press F11 button while powering up.

Follow instructions for factory reset.

Computer will be left in as new condition and all your files are gone but you can set a new password now.

Thank You... that one worked... I had nothing on my laptop to loose, it kept asking for my password and nothing I typed in helped and I know all my passwords.... hurray...thanks again!

This and nothing has helped. I am on the factory reset and I need the admin password this is frustraing

Pressing F11 worked like a charm.!

Thank You.

Trying to reset my toshiba laptop password with USB hard drive

It worked thank you

hello , i understand the problem well. i think you should try restore and reset the computer or try some stepps using safe mode . its very hard to get through the admin password with old computer settings but in windows 10 now you can reset the password using the Microsoft account i can tell you for this kind of issue just visit blog how to reset windows password with reset disk and see if this can help if not than let me know i will try to help further. thanks

You can use windows password buster to create password reset disk. This software helped me reset my password.

You can take a look for the details: click here

I highly recommend using iSeePassword tool to reset your login password, safe and fast!

I reset my password using http://www.PasswordResetter.info in about 5 minutes. Last night, my wife decided she needed a password for her computer (this is after using it for 2 years without a password). Today when she powered it up, guess what? Wrong password. I found this website which helped me unlock her account in just a few minutes. Amazing! Kinda scary that it works as well as it does!

A reinstall will lost all data. I recommend to follow this tutorial to reset windows 7 admin password without any data loss. It use reset disk to set old password to blank.

Nope, did not work.

Yes, no matter who you are, you can create a password reset disk with some third-party tool, such as Chntpw or iSunshare Windows Password Genius on another accessible computer.

So whenever you forgot or lost Windows password and want to reset it, reset forgotten Windows password with reset disk is still a good way.

In summary, which way you can use to create Windows password reset disk?

1. "Create password reset disk" option on available computer.

2. Chntpw

3. iSunshare Windows Password Genius

Compared with first two, iSunshare Windows Password Genius could help to create password reset disk available for all Windows system password reset. Besides, it is designed with user-friendly interface, which is much easier to reset Windows password than disk created by Chntpw.

Clane,

You have a few options available to you;

First of all I would try the simplest route. There is an Administrator account that is created with every windows Xp install. At the login screen, hit alt+ctrl+del 2 times, it should give you another login box, it may have a user name already inside it. Delete the user name, and type, "Administrator" no quotes. Hit enter, and it should log you in with admin privileges. From there goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords to your liking.

Second you can use the F8 key during windows startup. Continually hit F8 when your computer first turns on, BEFORE the windows screen loads. It will prompt you with choices on how to boot windows. Choose Safe Mode, and goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords there.

Good luck!

Thank you the first one worked

Actually when I got to the control panel the screen was blank

Not allowing me change the password

Hello I have windows 7 ultimate on a HP. I have tried both your solutions and got bothing. I have also tried F8 the " start safe mode, start with command prompt, and start with network all take me back to the login page.....I no .suppose to be able to.do what you mention but it doesn't...got any solutions?

For the second one I continually pressed f8 and it ca,e up but after pressing safe mode it just went blank need help

The login box won't appear

For those who are locked out of their computer and want their data, and in case a password removal disk did not work, here's a fix I use all the time:

- Power down laptop, disconnect from charger, remove or disconnect battery;

- Remove HDD;

- Put it in a USB enclosure; connect it to a Mac or Linux based system; if it's a Mac, make sure it has something like "Paragon NTFS" installed in order for it to read NTFS drives;

- Access the "user" files as if it was an external storage, and copy the needed data;

- Put back the hard disk in your computer, reconnect battery;

- Format or reset to factory settings depending on what configuration you have, such as access from a different admin user. Re-install OS, softwares, and copy data back.

Lengthy, but works every time.

There are 2 methods for you to reset the forgotten XP password without a reset disk:

Method 1: Use another administrator account to Reset Window XP Password.

Step 1: Restart your computer, press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” two times, then enter the administrator name and password if you know the password, if you don’t, leave it blank, click “Ok”.

Step 2: Start to reset the password by pressing “Win+R” and type control user passwords 2 and hit “Enter”.

Step 3: Click the name of the user accounts you what recover password for, and click “Reset password”. Type a new password and type it again to confirm it. Restart the computer to log on to Windows XP again.

Method 2: Reset Windows XP password from safe mode.

1. Start your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.

2. Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.

3. Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen. If you've ever set an administrator password, you must enter that password instead of leaving the "Password" field blank. Usually the Administrator password is blank.

4. Click on "Start" and “Control Panel". Then Click” user accounts”.

5. Pick an account to change, here we select “ Mike”.

6. Click “Change the password".

7. Type a new password for that account.

If the methods above don't work you can refer to a third-party tool-Windows Password key.

this was the most useless thing in my life wtf get out

reset password on laptop

Here are some method to reset your windows password-

If you have a windows cd if you have not then create a bootable usb device and load a windows file in flash drive.

1- Create a bootable usb device.

First download an iso image file of windows 7 & save in computer.

Install power iso in your computer.

Choose an option to create a pendrive bootable and load ISO image file in flash drive.

Click “Browse” to locate your Windows ISO file.

Click “Next.”

Choose media type- select usb drive.

Click next.

Erase your usb device- Click yes.

Now it will creating a bootable usb device.

when process finished close it.

Restart your computer…

then boot up your computer with windows cd or usb pen-drive by pressing fn + f12.

Follow the process.

Click on repair your computer.

Follow instructions for factory reset.

Steps for laptop password recovery with command in safe mode:

Step 1: Boot or Reboot your Windows 7 laptop (take Windows 7 as example now).

Step 2: Hold on F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options before the Windows 7 loading screen appears.

Or Press CTRL to enter Advanced Boot Options when computer power on.

Step 3: Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the coming screen, and press Enter.

There are three options for choice, Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt. In order to reset Windows user password with command prompt, select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

Step 4: Wait for Windows 7 to load files until Windows login screen comes out.

Step 5: Log in with an administrator account or built-in administrator when you see login screen.

Step 6: Command Prompt runs automatically. Type net user in the Command Prompt and press Enter to see how many user accounts in locked laptop. Then all of laptop users will be listed in the Command Prompt.

Step 7: Choose one administrator to reset forgotten password for laptop.

Step 8: Login your laptop with the new password after successfully laptop password reset.

clane will be eternally grateful.