iPhone 4 CDMA

CDMA version of the fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. 16 or 32 GB / Model A1349 / CDMA compatibility.

How do I know if the management ic is damaged?

hi, my iPhone 4 is dead only turn on when i connect the wall charger as soon i disconnect it the phone turns off i want to know if is the management ic or the real problem, i also changed the battery and clean the motherboard with alcohol....i don't know what to do any more pls help.

what is the voltage on your battery connector with the phone being plugged in. Measure the left and right outside contacts.

by oldturkey03

Just wondering, is this linked to my issue as well? Here: http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/11932... It does the same thing when I unplug the iphone 4, it just immediately dies.

by asdfADRiAN

Very possible you won't know unless you test with a multimeter or a working battery. I highly recommend taking a closer look at the board and checking if you damaged something. Software restore is not going to fix the issue. . As for the microphone problem I can almost guarantee that the problem is the audio IC (located on the top left corner of the logic board- you have to take the logic board out to see it) You can resolve the issue by removing a part of the heat shield metal and putting something like a cushion (I used folded paper+tape) to put more pressure on the IC therefore completing the connection.

by YoloRepair ca

Most Helpful Answer

Isit water damaged?

If it turns on ore than likely you have a short with the +/- you can test it by connecting the pins where the battery connect with a multimeter. The pins on each end if they have continuity tht means its shorted. Sometimes it's a bad capacitor

Pedro Sano will be eternally grateful.