Samsung Galaxy S 4G

The Samsung Galaxy S 4G is an Android 2.2-powered smartphone with a 4-inch AMOLED touchscreen display and 1 GHz processor.

How can I fix my loose charger port?

I've had my Android for a while now. For the last few days my phone has been hard to charge. Sometimes i hold something up under the charger to help it charge, or sometimes i make sure that the charger is laying flat. The port inside the phone is loose and i just want to know how can i fix it?

Listen this isn't it you may have more you need to fix like hyjacked

by Dennis Pratt

But I'm going to try THIS fix it thing Cost almost $so Google can fix supposedly $200 almost paid it but boost MOBILE keeps telling me no

by Dennis Pratt

I had same problem then I took a needle and gently cleaned out the connconnection bit works perfectly now

by tom

I have the same problem I dont know what to do ):

by Noni Bowden Cardona

Rakeria Washington, start off by using a new cable and see if that makes a difference. It is possible the the plug on the cable is worn out. If it does not, you may have replace the charging port. Take a look at the teardown and see if that is something you are comfortable with. you will have to solder a new connector to the board. The port is available at places like this. Hope this helps, good luck

Mentioned Items

I have Warrenty on this mobile is it okay for this. ?

by manideep005

Really when it begins to be loose there is not much you can do except replace it. Sooner or later it will get worse and your USB port will be completely useless, so its better to just replace it like they said. I think the manufacture wants them to break because they often don't have much solder holding them in place. You can be sure to solder it on securely if you do it yourself and you can even add a little epoxy to make sure it stays in place a lot longer this time.

It is a hardware problem that the USB port got loosen. Replacing a new USB port flex cable is a good choice to fix it. You can repair it follow the repair video of Replacing Galaxy S4 USB port flex cable : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snCH8H3NC...

by Vege Cai

Great answer and excellent link! My husband, the buulder, fixed my phone after watching the YouTube movie! Thanks

by Beatrice Sechesan

Had problems too:

-charger might not be original, check http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre.... mine is original so moving on.

-phone's dock might be too loose, put a little bit of tape on top of usb cable small connector; worked like a charm for me, fixed random disconnects from pc.

-cable might be broken internally, open and re-solder (shielding is also important); this fixed slow charging for me too.

Tape worked for me. Kind of a janky fix. Kinda worried about continually plugging tape into my phone port. Shouldn't have to do this. $700 phones should work, and if they don't, should be covered under warranty without having to fork over repair/replacement money.

by James Baird

You and me botH! You PAY for the phone, the useage, the insurance, the copay of $175 to fix what shouldn't be broken in the first place.

by janne

I know a little late but I had a loose charger port and fixed it easily, no soldering. I open up the phone and using a wrench or even pliers, I squeezed the charger port flat a bit. Just kept doing that until my USB charger fit snug again. and boy does it fit snug!!

My charger plug kept falling out, and it turned out the port was was partially blocked with lint! It slowly accumulated from being in my pocket all the time, and then when you plug in the charger it packs it down at the bottom. Take a stick pin and carefully scrape the lint out of the port a tiny bit at a time.

if all the above surpass your ability to perform or you simply don't possess the necessary tools to solder a new port, you could always charge the battery itself using a universal cell phone battery charger. Just turn off your phone (if not already dead), remove your battery from your phone and dock it on the battery charger until charged. Re-insert your battery once it is charged & power up your phone. This nifty device can be purchased at Radio Shack for approx. $40.00. However, be certain to call your local store to check for pricing and availability. Good luck.

Rakeria Washington will be eternally grateful.