Repair information for the 7" Android tablet by Samsung. Fixing this device is straightforward, and requires only common tools. The Samsung Galaxy Tab is an Android-based tablet computer produced by Samsung. The 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first model in the series. It was introduced on September 2, 2010

forgot screen lock pattern

galaxy tab p1000. i have forgotten my unlock pattern .can any one help please ?

reject pattern

i forget my google accound & i don't know what is my back up pin code.....!!

Now what can i do..???

I remember my google account, but it said the username or passoword incorrect, what should i do

it wont let me off the locked screen to go to reset

is there anyway I can get my lock pattern without losing my data and no hacking?

Most Helpful Answer

john dowler, I would suggest a reset:"if you are able to turn on the Tab

Factory data reset

Use Factory data reset to return your device to its factory defaults. This setting erases all data from your device, including your Google or other email account settings, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications. After a reset, you’ll be prompted to set up your device the next time you turn it on.

1. From the Home screen, Settings, Privacy. (check the box "Back up my data", Un-check the box "Automatic Restore", this can be checked again after the reset,

but may restore the settings/data that was causing problems)

[best to restore things one at a time & check to see if the problem has returned]

2. Touch Factory data reset, then follow the prompts to perform the reset.

If you are unable to turn on tab

Hard Reset

This setting erases all data from your device, including

your Google or other email account settings, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications. After a reset, you’ll be prompted to set up your device the next time you turn it on.

1. With the device off, press and hold Volume Down and Power.

2. Release the Power button when you see the Samsung logo, but continue to hold Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.

3. Use the Volume buttons to navigate the menu and select wipe data / factory reset. Press Home to choose the selection.

4. Press Volume Up continue.

The Galaxy Tab should then go through the hard reset process. from here. Hope this helps, good luck.

i am so happy , the instrutions were easy for my age to understand whichi i will be 60 and it worked, i wish phoooooooones were that easy now i am hooked on samsung. thanks

If this fails, you can unlock your tablet using these steps:

1. On the unlock screen, enter your unlock pattern

2. After five attempts you'll be asked to wait for 30 seconds. Tap OK

3. If your phone display goes off, tap the power button and unlock your screen.

4. ap Forgot pattern? If you haven't set up a Google account you won't get this option, instead you'll need to reset your tablet

5. Enter the username and password of your Google account, tap Sign in

6. You'll be asked to create a new screen unlock pattern. If you don't want one, tap Cancel

To reset your tablet:

1. Turn your tablet off

2. Hold the volume down key

3. Turn your tablet on

Using the volume down key, highlight Wipe data/factory reset and press the power key to select

5. Press the volume up key

The reset is now complete.

Note: Resetting your tablet will clear all the data stored, data that's stored on your SIM is safe.

What if ive set up a pin which i remember? On my tab a i forgot the pattern but know the pin. When i go to security settings to change the unlock method i am asked to enter my pattern. So i continually have to wrongly attempt the pattern to wait 30 seconds to input the pin each time i unlock my device.

I have same problem, did you get a good solution?

Any solution to this? I have the same problem now

No, there has not been any good answer without completely erasing all data...I just keep trying different patterns to no avail, but it will let me in using PIN code after few 30 second waits...ANYBODY HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS???????

I have the same problem...why isn't there any way to fix this?

If you want a hard reset that erases everything then hold the Power button and the Up Volume Button. When you see the "Samsung" title then let go of the power button but only that button until the android guy comes up. Go to the "wipe data/factory reset" one by using the volume buttons to move up and down. Click on it with the power button. Go down to the yes the same way and click on it. If you don't want that and want to save everything than I can't help you. You might be able to back it up on a computer than hard reset it but I don't know if the Samsung is same as Apple in that way.

I tried this "fix" 3 times and it still won't let me in. I accidentally used swipes as a security unlock. Didn't know what this was. I was trying to get my tablet to revolve and that was all I saw that remotely resembled what I wanted. So, now I have 4 swipes that will let me into my tablet and I don't have a clue what they are. I have tried for 2 days, many different ways. I use US Cellular as carrier. I would really like to get this thing open!!

My tablet need a code now please

With the device off, press and hold the “Volume Up“, “Home“, and “Power” buttons. Release the buttons when you see the recovery screen and the Samsung logo. Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and select “wipe data / factory reset“. Press “Home” to choose the highlighted selection.

Ok so this worked on Samsung Galaxy S6 when i used the Power + Volume DOWN. Once Samsung logo showed up I released the power but kept the Volume Down held. Then the menu appeared. Was able to factory reset.

I can't remember my password for my tablet

I forgot my password for my tablet

I forgot the pattern on my Samsung phone how to break the code

Probably won't get a reply to this, but it's worth a shot.

So I have the forgot pattern/remember pin problem. Have had this problem for over a year now, but wasn't really top bothered by it because I didn't want to reset my tablet.

Now my tablet has done a system update.

I am only given one chance to put in the pattern now before it locks me out for 24 hours and no option to enter my backup pin.

I can't turn it off to attempt to reset it without the pattern, which I forgot over a year ago.

Help????

I Have the same problem

john dowler will be eternally grateful.