0

Blake
1

Keeps Randomly Shutting Off

I recently replaced the Power and Proximity sensor cable. After putting everything back together perfectly, the phone worked fine. Later on it started shutting down randomly after a while and i had to keep restarting it. Sometimes the power button wouldn't even work. So i went back in, disconnected the battery and the connector for the sensor and reconnected it and it started working again. It shut off again 10 minutes later after doing that. Can anybody tell me what the problem may be?

2

pollytintop

take a look at your battery connections. it's the one place that takes a lot of pressure to pull off and it's not a great solder...it may be that you've pulled too hard and one of the feet has a crack in the solder(my guess is the uppermost one) and so every so often the connection breaks-your phone goes off... worth a look and pretty easy to fix.

0

Domsk
83

Are you sure you connected it properly and that there is no dust/dirt on the connector?

Maybe you got a bad cable/button. Try anotherone.

yes. i quadruple checked everything. blew in it too. it still doing it today. also, i charged it to 100%. it shut off and when i turned it on, it said it was dead.

Blake,

0

Brianna
1

This exact thing is happening randomly to me and it has been doing this for days.

Randomly turning off after very short usage, sometimes not turning back on, sometimes showing its dead (when it is full). !@#$ i-phone forcing people to upgrade constantly with their self destructive defective phones!

0

kayleealysia
1

same here the exact same this has been happening to me for over 2 weeks please help!

i didnt replace anything ! its still just shtting of out of no where "Randomly turning off after very short usage, sometimes not turning back on, sometimes showing its dead (when it is full)" that is exactly what is happeneing !

0

Samarus Ferenc
1

same here! i'm just updated it ios 7 beta 6 and after the problem was coming. i dont know whats the problem, i downgraded it bac to ios 6.1.3 no fix. some it's working 4-5 hours sometimes turns off after 10 minutes, i dont know whats that... im so sad, anybody knows how can we fix this?

0

Kyle
1

The same exact thing happens to me, but sometimes it WILL NOT turn back on but if you hit the bottom of the back of it on the palm of your hand a few times it turns right back on. So, next time it won't turn on, try that. But sometimes instead of it saying i have a dead battery it says i have a full one, when it was at like 40% before it shut off.

0

Samarus Ferenc
1

i fixed the problem, my battery didn't connect correctly to the logic board... i put a little piece of paper between the battery and the back cover, and now it works great

0

malaysia
1

it happen to me too...when i charged my iphone it's on when i turn off the charger my iphone turn off ...please help

0

tim
1

my phone shuts off, unless it is plugged in and charging. this started happening right before io7, so it cant be the new software. There are even times when it says I have 0% charge, even though the thing has been plugged in for hours. Someone help! I cant use my phone without it being plugged in, use is that?

tim, changed your battery yet?