A Canon point-and-shoot camera.

getting message to change the batteries after doing so

I used the camera less than a month ago. Now getting the message to change the batteries and have done so with NEW ones. Powers up ok, but after trying to take pic, gives the change batteries message. Have cleaned the "terminals" on the battery compartment door and have taken out memory card and reinserted.

Have you tried a different set of new batteries? What type of batteries are you using?

Duracell - and I'll try another set of new ones and keep my fingers crossed!

nonees...... can you please tell me if it worked; I tried it on mine but no luck.

Thank you.

nonees, the issue here could be your battery compartment door. Make sure that it makes good contact as well as the bottom contacts. If it does, and everything else checks out, replace the RTC ( 'date/time') battery. Even if your regular batteries are fully charged and are making good contact etc, if your RTC battery is discharged, it won't make any difference, and you can get this error message. That battery is in the same compartment as the regular batteries, on the opposite side of the hinge. Extract it with a fingernail, it is situated on the left hand wall of the battery compartment (when the camera is inverted and the compartment open). It is a coin type battery CR1220 Hope this helps, good luck.

OldTurkey03 - thank you for the clue about the RTC battery! I'll have to pick one up at the store but I bet you have solved the problem! I'll be sure to let you know - thanks again! nonee_s@yahoo.com

Cleaning off the RTC battery also fixed it!!!

Hi not sure if it would help, try taking the batteries out from the camera and leave it out of camera for a few hrs (2 maybe?). While waiting, try to power on the camera the normal way to discharge any possible remaining power. Then, reinsert the batteries back into the camera and power on to see if it helps.

Some machines somehow needs a full discharge to 'help erase' issues it has and encountered and to restart afresh.. Not sure the terms are correct but thts how i learnt over the years.

Hope the above helps! Good Luck! :)

Tried your suggestion, but same message - change the batteries..... may have to send to Canon to fix

Canon PowerShot SX220 HS in many cases is displaying the error message "Change the battery pack" although the battery is fully charged. One solution to this problem is to add some element (paper) between the battery and the battery door to ensure better electric contact.

http://dubaibuildingsforsale.com

Don't understand how can putting paper between the battery and the battery door imorive the electric contact?

nonees will be eternally grateful.