The Nuvi 680 global position system features an MSN Direct subscription which provides local weather, traffic, gas prices, movie times, mp3 and hands-free calling capability, and a large touch screen color display.

How do I reconnect my ribbon cable to its connector?

While changing the battery on my Garmin Nuvi 680, the most internal cable disconnected from its connector and I don't know if the connector lifts vertically, slides out or is soldered to the motherboard. Beyond that, I don't know how to reattach the cable.

thanks

Scott Hoffman, take a look at this guide and give us the step that shows us the cable. Most of the connectors have a clip you have to lift up.

Scott Hoffman, you did say the innermost cable. Take a look at the attached image. Flip those clips in an upward direction with your fingernails gently toward the direction away from the cables. Hope this helps, good luck.

this shows how to remove the cable from the connector,, thequestion was how to reconnect.. I have the same issue and cannot get that clip to stay down after i have inseerted the cable

Scott Hoffman will be eternally grateful.