13" aluminum unibody, 2.0 or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor.

How to put keys back on keyboard. they fell off.

The right command key and the up arrow key have fallen off. I think it happened when my macbook fell on the floor when shut. Can anyone tell me how to re-attach the keys. I tried, but it doesn't stay on. The rubber under the keys is still there and the little white mechanism on the key seems to be intact. Thanks for your help.

Here's a video on how to do it: http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/lap...

Most Helpful Answer

In late 2013 I Believe that apple changes their keys to have "Better supported Keys" The only thing you could do is buy an after market keys therefore is keys fall off you can replace them with the stronger and probably cheaper than apple charging you $50 to put a couple of keys on... There is also the option of buying the keys all separately if you don't want a set of extra keyboard keys laying around. I'll Drop a link down at the bottom of this response for a website to buy the keys you need. On the website they even have an install guide and purchase guide.

Best of Luck Erica!

Galen Nekvasil

Erica,

My G Key has started falling off too.

I bought my Mac Pro in October 2014, last year, and it's treated with the utmost care and has never received a knock once - not even harsh language.

I also have a kuzzy cover and I then put it inside a Twelve South BookBook Hard Leather Cover - To be sure, to be sure.

I don't recommend either of them by the way.

-The Kuzzy plastic deteriorated and the rubber feet fell off.

-The BookBook has warped from the Laptop heat because the Leather and Lining are two different materials. This has caused the cover to bow. The elastics that hold the cover to my Laptop screen keep coming off.

Anyway - Long story short. The fact that you may have dropped your Laptop is decidedly irrelevant. The key would have probably come off anyway.

I think Apple have recently redesigned the keys anyway.

-Nicolas

gttgggggppppptppppppppppppppppppgpppppppgppgppppppppgppp

Erica will be eternally grateful.