Early 2011 model, A1278 / 2.3 GHz i5 or 2.7 GHz i7 processor.

Is graphic card upgrade possible?

Hi guys,

I just upgraded my original mbp early 2011 320GB HDD to a SSD and 16GB RAM, and just due to curiosity, can I actually upgrade graphic card for it, as I've seen apple official store lists the graphic card sales under macbook accessories section.

Thanks in advance.

How did ur upgrade work with the ssd and and ram?? Noticable change? Was it worth it?

I upgraded my 2011 macbook pro 13" to a SSD and 16 gb ram. much noticable difference

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Short answer:

No

Long answer:

The problem with upgrading your graphics card is it is soldered to the motherboard. If you were super confident, found the exact same pin arrangement on another graphics card, and were able to desolder the old one and resolder the new one without breaking anything then it would theoretically work. But I don't think its ever been done.

Thanks. Yea if I don't want it anymore later in the future i would give it a shot.

=== Correction ===

All of the 13" MacBook Pro's use the built-in Intel Graphics engine with in the CPU chip. As such there is no means to upgrade the GPU logic at all.

ahhhh i dont think 2011 macbook pros were soldered. thats the 2012 retinas and beyond, making the 2011 upgradeable

Dao will be eternally grateful.