0

Quentin
1

Plastic edge around glass broke

In my attempt to fix the screen the plastic surrounding the glass screen has broken do you know where one could aquire said part? I'm unable to find it on the Internet and you guys being the experts would know where to look.

Edited by: mayer ( )

1

Quentin, I do believe that the reason for that is that the front panel is not separable from the LCD. Just like always, there are always suppliers that sell individual pieces like this.. I'd recommend in order to fix your glass to get a new front panel assembly. It is a lot easier and has a higher rate of success for me. Follow this guide and the part is available right here as well as many other places. Hope this helps, good luck.

iPod Touch Gen 4 Display Assembly

A brand-new replacement screen and digitizer, hand inspected by an iFixit tech. The LCD and front panel glass are fused together and must be replaced as a single part to fix a broken screen. Includes display assembly and adhesive strips necessary for inst — 49 available at 34.95 each.

0

Nathanael Bunge
101
Roobla

Doesn't he mean the bezel? I have that problem too.