Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Can I remove screen without removing speaker assembly?

I am trying to remove iphone 4 front screen... so far so good... however, when i came to the step of removing speaker assembly, the top screw is not coming out. the philips screwdriver i\m using keep turning and turning in empty. Therefore, can I continue the process without having to removing the speaker assembly part?

If you are referring to the loudspeaker yes it needs to be removed, If the screw is stripped, carefully try a bigger screwdriver or something else that may get it moving, if you cant find a way to get it out then you will need to get a screw extractor, you can buy them on here, good luck, If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

the screw at 4:12- 4:13 .... the screwdriver is turning... so is the screw.... but nothin is happening... it's not elevating from its place even though both the screw and the screw driver are turning.

Mario will be eternally grateful.