Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

No phone connection after changing battery

I just replaced the battery. The steps were pretty easy to follow except for the part where I had to reverse the order to reassemble the iPhone.

The tab number 7 won't reconnect. 7 is the antenna. Now my iPhone has turned into an iPod with a new battery. The phone doesn't work. The display just says No Service.

How do I reconnect the antenna?

The antenna connector is probably the most difficult one to attach. just keep at it, gently, and it will eventually seat. I have the best luck using my fingers instead of a tool, so I can feel if I am getting the alignment correct. I have big hands, so I always seem to have trouble with antenna cables.

cardiffmom will be eternally grateful.