The slim edition of the classic Xbox 360 with a 250GB HDD and built-in Wi-Fi. Repair requires intricate prying and special tools.

My Xbox S starts to turn on and then shuts back off

When I plug my Xbox into the wall outlet the power brick turns orange and then as soon as I touch the power button or the eject button, green lights are on both the console and the power brick and then it shuts right off and the light on the power brick turns back to orange. I've tried brand new power bricks and the same problem happens. I brought the system in 2010 and after a couple of months the system would not turn on and the power brick had a red light, nothing on the console. After trouble shooting over the phone with Microsoft I returned the power brick and they sent me a new one and had the same problem. After giving up from frustration for a year I tried the system again recently and to my surprise it worked. After two back to back weekends (the only times my kids play it) all of a sudden this new problem of turning on and off started. I've tried every online trouble shoot and nothing is working. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the USB ports, as most people have suggested to be a potential cause and as mentioned earlier even a new power brick/cord doesn't do the trick. Please help.

I had the same problem and all I had to do was unplug my cord from the extension cord and plug it into the wall.

That did not work for me

I have the same problem, you could put it on and turn off auto off off or you could fix the console itself: cleaning the filter, check the rotating blades, if it dosent work it may cause over heating or go to a IT shop to fix it.

Every time I get to the Xbox and tern on the Xbox it ternsoff and tears on

It sounds like the box overheated. There is a troubleshooting sequence here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/c... , but it looks like that's going to simply tell you that your xbox needs service. Is your console still under warranty? If so, I would recommend sending it back to have it fixed. If not, try re-flowing the motherboard and putting new thermal paste under the heat sinks.

Thx for your help I had the same problem.

If I turn my xbox360 off 30 second it turn back on with out toching it or press the on buttons to turn it on?

Can you help me out?

I have same problem and we haven't used it for a while

Plug into the wall if not already.

Power supply is bad or the cords, somewhere, are not fully inserted.

orange light=bad video outpot

If I press the power button on my Xbox it turns on for three seconds then turns off what do I do?

My Xbox when I push the power button it won't light up but my Xbox turns on and none of my controls will turn on the green light in the circle will just rapidly spin

just clean the filter or check the blades that rotate cause it causes over heating. if your going for no money spending option follow what I did. put the Xbox on, get a thin long stick and first locate the ventilation at the top of the Xbox remember your Xbox is on. start pushing the blades forcing it to spin a couple of times, when it starts spinning take the stick out and Walla it should start working. sometimes it spins automatically by itself when you do this like mine.

Will somebody help me. My Xbox is being a dick. I turn it on and you here the little ting and then aproximrtly 5 mins after it turns off. Somebody please help

Gereem Nicholson will be eternally grateful.