This repair manual covers both the short-wheelbase Caravan and long-wheelbase Grand Caravan models.

Heat blows from dash vents only not floor or defroster

I have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan. The dash vents are the only vents that work. It blows hot air so I don't think there is anything wrong with they heating system. There is just no air from floor vents or defroster. Years ago this was controlled by vaccum lines, but now everything is electronic. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Answer

We have a 2005 Chrysler TC with the same problem. I have found that resetting the console computer by disconnecting the battery cable, waiting, and then reconnecting it will often "fix" computer-related problems. Also corrected by this method was a door lock problem--lights would flash using remote key fob, but no lock action.

I also have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan and ony the air centre vents were working. I tried disconnecting the negative lead for 10 minutes, and while it was disconnected I cleaned the lead so there would be a good connection. I reconnected the lead and everything was working again. I love going to the internet for my automobile solutions it has saved me lots of time and money.

Kerry will be eternally grateful.