Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Speaker sound is very low

I have just changed the full front panel assembly on my white iphone 3gs.

I found it very hard to slide connector 3 into place, my old one seemed to slide in easy enough.

I finally managed to get it in as far as I could. I know connector 3 is for the speaker.

When I call someone their voice is very low and I have to turn on loudspeaker.

Now I am a bit unsure what could be wrong, is it a poor quality speaker in the new front panel or could it be that connector 3 is not fully engaged.

Does connector 3 have to be fully pushed in to get proper sound or is it simply, if its in and working then thats it...

Usually it works on not, sometimes new full front assembly's for 3 GS have an extra protective cover over the ear speaker, on and above the screen protector, I would check there first, if that's not it I would try the connection again and maybe even clean them both with alcohol, if that doesn't fix it then I would look at a new speaker, good luck, If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.'

Aidan will be eternally grateful.