Location of radio amplifier?
My amp keeps cutting out, shuting off the sound. The radio keeps working.
Is this a good question?
Rick McAninch, you did not give us a lot of information about which year your Yukon is or which amp. I assume it has the Bose system. Should be inside the center console, just pull the cup holders up to see if it is there.
1. If equipped with a Bose(TM) amplifier, remove the radio amp fuse located
under the hood electrical center.
2. Remove the floor console bezel.
3. Remove the cupholder.
4. Remove the bolts (1) retaining the console to the instrument panel (I/P).
5. Remove the console storage bin.
6. Remove the center console end panel.
7. Disconnect the audio amplifier electrical connectors.
8. Remove the 4 screws retaining the upper console bracket to the lower
9. Move both front seats to the fully forward.
10. Reposition the inboard seat track trim (1) in order to gain access to the rear console side panel screw (2).
11. Remove both rear console side panel screws
12. Move both front seats to the fully rearward.
13. Remove both front console side panel screws (1).
14. Disconnect the floor console electrical connector.
15. Remove the console assembly from the vehicle.
16. Remove the audio amplifier screws (1).
17. Remove the audio amplifier from the vehicle. Hope this helps, good luck.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 24
Past 7 Days: 168
Past 30 Days: 397
All Time: 11,822