Washer will not drain
All lights come on as they should but washer will not operate.We ran a cycle and the unit won't drain and I can't get door open
Is this a good question?
Scott, to gt your door open start with this. Condition
A Door Lock Error occurs if the door cannot be unlocked. It will try to lock it 6 times before displaying the error.
check or repair the following
Door Lock Mechanism broken or removed from the Door
Check Door Lock/Switch Assembly
Check the wire harness connections to the Door Lock/Switch Assembly and Central Control Unit (CCU)
Door Lock/Switch Assembly Failure
1. Remove the lower panel under the door by loosening the three screws under the bottom edge on the front of the washer. HINT: If you prop up the front feet of the washer with some small blocks of wood, this will make access to the screws much easier.
2. With the screws removed, the lower panel should drop down then come off. If the panel sticks, a light tap on either side will knock it loose.
3. Reach your hand up inside the washer behind the front casing on the right-hand side. This is where the door latch assembly is located.
4. At the bottom of the door latch assembly is a small pull tab. This is the manual release for the door. Pull the tab straight down and the door will come open.
Sometimes these doors will not unlock for whatever reason. If there are no error codes being generated, this could have just been a momentary glitch. If you see "Fdl" or "Fdu" error codes, these are usually indications of a failed door latch assembly and will require replacement. You can also try to reset the CCU by unplugging the washer for AT LEAST 30 minutes.
This might help you about the not draining. it may not turn on due to still having water in it. It is possible that your filter is clogged and that you have a drain obstruction. If it won't drain check this items according to the Service Manual from here
1. Check Wire Harness connections.
2. Check Drain pump.
3. Check Drain pump motor.
4. Check that the Drain hose and Drain Pump Filter are clear of foreign objects.
5. Check the CCU.
Page 52 of the same manual tells you how to run a diagnostics. See what error code you get on your washer. Of course when you get to the drain pump (available here) check the inlet and outlet for missing socks ;-) etc. sometimes you will find the weirdest things in there.
To clean it
1. Take off the lower front panel
2. Turn the pump filter cover counter-clockwise by hand and remove. Place a bucket or pan underneath it since you will get water spilling out of there.
3. With a set of long pliers, remove the filter. Clean that of any debris etc. and replace it when cleaned.
4. Replace the filter cover and lower panel.
The other thing that could be going on here, is that the drain pump is not working and needing to be replaced. The service manual will have instructions on how to do that. There is also a decent video on here. Hope this helps, good luck.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 0
Past 7 Days: 0
Past 30 Days: 2
All Time: 891