The eighth generation of the Mitsubishi Lancer.

not accelerating when pressing the gas

My car isn't accelerating when i press the gas from a complete stop i have to put it into another gear (its an automatic mind you) for the car to go and sometimes it doesn't accelerate after that and the gas peddle is hard to push, and it also jerks when i'm in the 20-40 MPH range, the engine light is on as well . I have replaced the plugs and wires and it did not change the condition. What can i do to fix this issue??

What engine is it and what transmission do you have? How many miles do you have on it? Have you done a compression test yet? Or a leak down test?

courtney, here is part of a service bulletin addressing this issue. RANDOM MISFIRE (DTC P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, OR P0304)

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN

Reference Number(s): TSB-06-13-004, Date of Issue: April 01, 2006

MITSUBISHI: 2003-2005 Lancer

Superceded Bulletin(s): TSB-05-13-003, Date of Issue: February 01, 2005

PURPOSE

NOTE: This TSB supercedes TSB-05-13-003, issued February, 2005, for new diagnosis and repair information.

If the Check Engine light comes on and DTC P0300 (Random Misfire) or P0301, P0302, P0303, or P0304 is set in the PCM, the cause may be one of the following:

Fuel injection/Ignition system

PCM software

Worn input shaft 5th gear spline, misjudged by the PCM as a misfire

To eliminate this condition, follow the diagnosis and repair procedures described below. These procedures are outlined in flowcharts in ATTACHMENT A (2003-2004 MODELS ONLY) and ATTACHMENT B (2005 MODELS ONLY).

since I do not know if yours is an AT or MT I did not post the part pertaining to the MT. Other issues with this could be a bad ECU or bad injectors.

If the check engine light is on, then trying to diagnose it blindly is just going to frustrate you and waste your time. Check the code with an OBDII scanner or take it to a shop that will do it for you. Take what the code gives you, and go from there.

I did take the car to get the code read and it gave "random misfire" but i have already replaced the plugs and wires.

hello my car is miss firing when I acceleration and while driving it will hesitate 2002 gallant 2.4 replaced the cam sensor and 02 sensor plugs are fine and wires also checked no air leaks what cab it be ????

mike

Just like you changed all sensors wires plugs maf iac.fuel pump and still runs like $@$* been screwing with this for over two years use to get warm and then no start getting a very little better can someone please help 715-451-0136 Gary thank you in advance for any advice

I'm wondering if it is the most common type of Mitsubishi engine the 4G63 1970cc engine?

If so try changing the fuel filter first.

Then if your have been running on fuel with alcohol added then try not having any alcohol and use a higher octane fuel. If you have a catalytic converter on you exhaust then remember it must be unleaded.

The recommendation for similar faults also includes changing the air filter.

If it if fuel injected?

Check the MAF sensor? but that if not my vehicle so you will have to look that up.

courtney will be eternally grateful.