iPad 2 Wi-Fi EMC 2415 Repair

Second generation of Wi-Fi iPad, released on March 11, 2011. Model number A1395. Repair is difficult and will require heat.

headphone plug broke off in jack

I bought an Apple iPad 2 wifi at an incredible price as the previous owner has broke the head phone metal plug off in the head phone jace recceptical on the iPad. Any ideas on removing it?

Most Helpful Answer

If you have a small paper clip you should be able to put a really small amount of super glue on it to fit in the dead center hole in most common headset male connections. Let it dry for 10 minutes then should be able to pull it out. had to do that on a htc phone when a cusotmer dropped it and it pulled out just fine. That is the simplest without having to worry about damage. Some will use a dremel tool to put a hole in them and put a tiny screw in the hole they made. Some ideas but this should do the trick

I replaced the headphone jack. It was not that hard and probably a lot easier than digging the broken part out.

by Jack Holdridge

Try a dental pick to grab it

by Dan

I tried to use the glue and accidentally messed up and I think I glued it in there do u think I can put glue remover without damaging anything

by Swag Master

Just tried the paperclip method. Glue the tip, insert into the small hole you should be able to see. Hold for a few moments to ensure that the glue is binding and then leave for a bit. I was really sceptical about this trick, but I left the iPad, made a coffee, came back and pulled the remaining jack out without any effort at all. Just make sure you get enough glue to get a bond but not so much that it spills over and glues the jack in. I put my paperclip in the tiny superglue tube.

Be careful here as you don't want the glue to glue the plug into the socket either! I would try a dental probe to pick it out. Quicker and safer.

by Dan

==oh and be careful please==

This happened to my iPad me and my husband pulled with tweezers and got it out.

I think the glue method could lead to more serious damage as could the drilling option.

This is how I extracting the remaining jack stuck in the socket. I got hold of an unused indoor Ariel the telescopic type there's usually 4 or 5 sections each being a different diameter cut off the one that will fit perfectly into the jack socket push into socket turning the piece of ariel slightly, when it feels like it will go no further pull out the broken piece of jack should be attached to the ariel. It worked for me and took just 20 seconds. good luck.

We created a tool to easily solve this problem. It is called the GripStick. Please support our Kickstarter campaign so that we can make this tool a reality! Who knows when you might need one... Our company name is NighTek.

Extraction of broken earphone jack for iPad 2 if Crazy Glue method not working

materials needed:

new 1/64th inch drill bit with good grade electric drill

#4 by 1 inch sheet metal screw

small phillips head screw driver

1 "brad" nail (very thin and about 1 inch long)

needle nose pliers

method:

apply moderate pressure while drilling about 3/4 full speed to create hole in embedded piece. Metal collar can be coaxed out with nail leaving remaining plastic core and plug covered with thin metal cover. Gently continue drilling to make an eccentric hole between the stuck piece and sidewall of plug receptacle. Screw the sheet metal screw into the hole about 6 turns. Do not screw in excessively or risk pulling the entire receptacle out of iPad. Grab the screw with pliers and pull. Repeat a little drilling, screwing in and pulling until the piece comes out.

Conclusion: With a bit of computer knowledge and patience this method worked in my situation and the earphone jack receptacle is functional although I will use a bluetooth headset in future. I did not try to glue method first.

This is gonna be an easy explanation take chopsticks put crazy glue on tip, stick it on jack let crazy glue dry, pull chops AND UR DONE!!!!

Score -1

Jack Holdridge will be eternally grateful.