0

Jack Holdridge
1

headphone plug broke off in jack

I bought an Apple iPad 2 wifi at an incredible price as the previous owner has broke the head phone metal plug off in the head phone jace recceptical on the iPad. Any ideas on removing it?

Edited by: iRobot ( )

2

Ryan
157

If you have a small paper clip you should be able to put a really small amount of super glue on it to fit in the dead center hole in most common headset male connections. Let it dry for 10 minutes then should be able to pull it out. had to do that on a htc phone when a cusotmer dropped it and it pulled out just fine. That is the simplest without having to worry about damage. Some will use a dremel tool to put a hole in them and put a tiny screw in the hole they made. Some ideas but this should do the trick

I replaced the headphone jack. It was not that hard and probably a lot easier than digging the broken part out.

Jack Holdridge,

Try a dental pick to grab it

Dan,

1

paulandkris
13

Just tried the paperclip method. Glue the tip, insert into the small hole you should be able to see. Hold for a few moments to ensure that the glue is binding and then leave for a bit. I was really sceptical about this trick, but I left the iPad, made a coffee, came back and pulled the remaining jack out without any effort at all. Just make sure you get enough glue to get a bond but not so much that it spills over and glues the jack in. I put my paperclip in the tiny superglue tube.

Edited by: paulandkris ( )

Be careful here as you don't want the glue to glue the plug into the socket either! I would try a dental probe to pick it out. Quicker and safer.

Dan,

0

Onyeka
1

==oh and be careful please==

0

Jason
1

This happened to my iPad me and my husband pulled with tweezers and got it out.

0

Barry Barker
1

I think the glue method could lead to more serious damage as could the drilling option.

This is how I extracting the remaining jack stuck in the socket. I got hold of an unused indoor Ariel the telescopic type there's usually 4 or 5 sections each being a different diameter cut off the one that will fit perfectly into the jack socket push into socket turning the piece of ariel slightly, when it feels like it will go no further pull out the broken piece of jack should be attached to the ariel. It worked for me and took just 20 seconds. good luck.

-1

Onyeka
1

This is gonna be an easy explanation take chopsticks put crazy glue on tip, stick it on jack let crazy glue dry, pull chops AND UR DONE!!!!