The Toshiba Satellite L300 was a notebook designed and sold by Toshiba that came with a version of Windows Vista force fed. They were sold around May-June 2009 and while ineligible for the free 7 upgrade,time past and upgrades are unclaimable now,run 7 home premium well without upgrades mainly because of Vista's resource hog quality

microphone not working web cam ok

L300/07U had it upgraded from vista to windows 7 now microphone not working. On Skype I can see and hear them they can see me but no sound maybe no driver?

Double-click the speaker icon in the system under "Options" - "Properties" activate the microphone display. You may also make sure that the correct recording device is selected in the listbox.

Hey guys. Toshiba Satellite X205-9800 user here. I updated first to Windows 7 Home Premium from Vista and loss use of both my webcam and my mic. So I updated again to Windows 10 and got use of my webcam after installing the Chicony USB 2.0 Driver. But still no mic... joy. Anyway, after doing lots and lots of internet searches and getting absolutely no where I just started tinkering around myself. Going through countless updated and outdated drivers and looking through settings of all sorts and just not fixing my problem. But finally today I figured it out. It was right in front of my face the ENTIRE time. Go into your recording devices under the Sound settings. Now don't knock this, it was a case for me, I don't know how many other people have are in my same situation. But do you see that one of your recording microphones are "currently unavailable"? Yeah.... no it's not.. It is completely available... just make it your default recording device and BAMM. I got my mic working again just like that. So, not sure if this is going to help your situation but definitely give it a shot! Good luck!

I had a very similar situation today and I resolved it by doing the same thing as well. This does work. I then encountered another issue (while attempting to record music via USB recording interfaces x2) I was trying to record video via built in laptop webcam while recording the audio via USB recording interfaces. My camera wouldn't record the sound from either interface (and incase anyone's wondering what I was recording it's a guitar through behringer vamp 3 guitar interface, as well as external condenser microphone via behringer u uphoria u2 interface with built in pre amp and phantom power supply). Still haven't figured it out. But I did find some useful info on this badass site that I just realized was ifixit.com! Thanks Danny C. for making this super relevant site!

Kyle Jaco

Veronica will be eternally grateful.