The first generation Honda CRV, produced from 1995 to 2001.

Car will not start but has power

The car will not start but does have power. What could this be?

Thank you

There are hundreds of possibilities. what does it do? Does it crank over? Do you have spark at the spark plug? Ford it get fuel? Did anything happen to it prior to? Did you have the service engine light on? What have you tried so far? the more information you can give us, the better we can help you.

It tries to crank but just wont start. The check engine light has not been on. Spark plugs were looked at but not sure how to check them. The day before this happened there was a loud screaching sound when I tried to start it then a noise as if something went from front to back underneath. (I thought it sounded like a stick or something that had gotten stuck)

You say it "tries to crank" does it turn over? Did your car stall when you heard the loud noise?

The car did not stall whith the noise and it started back up the next morning. It sounds like it normally does when I try to start it, it just wont start. I guess that would be turning over.

could it be a belt? if so which one?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Mandy, you could just have a bad main relay. The main relay should be under the driver's side of the dash, by the brake pedal. The Blue/White wire powers the fuel pump. When the key is turned on, the Engine Control Module will ground the Green/Yellow wire for 2 seconds so the fuel pump will operate. If there is no or low voltage on the Blue/White wire, then verify that the White/Black wire has good battery voltage. Also, make sure to check the check the Black wire for a good ground. Check fuse number 9 in the under-the-dash fuse box.

Will do. Again, thank you so much

How check voltage on that ? Above question. W Mandy

Oldturkey03 you are correct however I believe I found the solution. Once your battery is good simply do this. This may seem silly but it worked for me. Disconnect your car battery, go to you fuse box located under the steering wheel and use a thin flat head screw driver or pliers to remove all the relays one by one and resit them. To use the flat head screw driver, pry it at the bottom of relay and force it out. Strange enough it fix the starter problem. Be aware that the blue relay was not move. Reconnect the battery and try starting again.

I had a similar problem with my 2001 Honda CRV that ended up being the ignition control

Its in the bottom right of the distributor cap. $45 part

module

I have a 97 Honda crv it want start up at all it turns over i replaced the starter and gas pump and i checked the distributior changed spark plugs a new battery and i am lost i need some help please

Mandy will be eternally grateful.