Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

I lost sound. every thing else works fine. please help

every thing was working fine. i changed the chanel and the sound went out. any sugestions

its a sanyo plasma tv model dp50741

I unplugged my TV, waited about 10 /20 seconds, plugged it back it and sound came back on - this was after purchasing a sound bar, which I haven't figured out yet either! LOL

unplugged the tv for 20 seconds worked for my Toshiba

Can anyone help my cello tv no sound everything else works great but it does not recognise a HDMI connection or a SCART and it won't let me reinstall I can go in to menue and the sound is up not mute I have giving up tried turning off and on nothing works

This worked on my 7 year old Toshiba 40 inch. After giving up and let sit for 4 hours. Then unplugged and there was sound. Great fix.

I too had no sound on on 42 inch LG Flat screen tv. I was thinking now I have to buy a new tv the speakers have gone. Well I unplugged the TV pressed the on off down for 10 seconds, replugged in the TV and there came the sound with picture. I'm a happy happy girl. Thank you for this information.

larry, first try to reset your TV. Disconnect it from AC power, then press and hold the power button on the TV, and not the remote, for 10 seconds. After another minute, plug the set back in and press power once. Then try the other sound out from your TV to a set of speakers etc. If that works, you know that your internal speakers are not working. If it does, it is most likely that the audio IC that drives the internal speakers has failed. It is common in these sets as they use inexpensive low powered amplifier IC's that heat up and fail. You can try to replace the IC, if you have the right tools and experience, or replace the mainboard, part number 1AA4B10N260A0. The IC itself is LV4906 and the mainboard is available at places like this. Hope this helps, good luck.

thanks for the info this site is the greatest

you are welcome:-)

Awesome...the reset procedure did it...thanks

Thanks... I was going to buy a new TV!!!

Nice one! Worked a treat. Thanks!

sanyo plasma tv help is here!!

WAIT!! Don't go throwing your TV's out all is not lost believe it or not :).. The sound went out on my tv I did the following Disconnect it from AC power, then press and hold the power button on the TV, and not the remote, for 10 seconds. After another minute, plug the set back in and press power once. Then try the other sound out from your TV to a set of speakers etc. it did not help But!!!!! I said to my husband I wonder if we can plug some speakers into the TV he unhooked our computer speakers and hooked them up to the back of the TV (there is a usb plug in in the back) anyway VOILA!!!! it worked!!! so I know we will be buying another TV before long but I think this one will work just fine until then :) hope this helps someone!!

Thanks cause mine just went out

I have sound on one channel

USB to what? The manual does not indicate plugins for external speakers

Your right USB does not control sound computer speaker use a headphone plug

Mine is the same way except when I hook the vcr and dvd player to it the sound is perfect

larry will be eternally grateful.