0

pmora
1

iPhone stuck on recovery mode

Gave my newphew my iphone to play with but i got it back it was stuck on recovery mode so i try to restore but keeps geting back to recovery mode. I try a clean restore with itunes, try custom restore with redsn0w but something keep gettin error 21, 1611 and 3124 try on 3 diferent computer same thing. This is so far what i try firts change the host file, tinyumbrella also swap the battery but nothing one thing i notice that tinyumbrella only recognizes the iphone like a numbers, no firmware, baseband or serial number appears where it should be on tinyumbrella anyone with the same problem and found a solution please let me know thanks alot in advance.

same problem here, after update to 6.0

iBar,

I have same problem of my Iphone 3G, it is stuck on recovery mode after trying to upgrade it and no attempts are successful, I tried to off by pressing the Home & power button but no result, I also used tinyumrella & result is nothing, I also tried with iTunes, it can detect my Phone in recovery mode but failed to restore, it shows unknown error after few minutes of restoring process. SO what can I do to restore my Iphone from recovery mode ?

Abrahm Jhon,

2

descomwayer
25

To fix your iPhone stuck in a recovery mode loop is restore it in DFU mode and a common mistake is that people think DFU mode looks the same as in recovery mode but thee is a difference of the look if it shows up with "connect to iTunes" it is in recovery but if it shows up on iTunes but still looks like it is turned off then it's in DFU mode.

http://www.iphone-android-recovery.com/

Edited by: descomwayer ( )

Hold down home and power button for about 15 secons, this shuts off the phone.

julia21,

Thanks. I was pressing it for 10 seconds but nothing happens till I saw your comment. :)

Jayson Tamayo,

1

croastermany
1

My solution:

I unplugged the phone from iTunes, held down the top (power) button and the home button for about 10 seconds until the phone restarted (at which point it still had the plug-into-iTunes image), then I plugged the phone back into iTunes, did the restore one more time, and it now shows a "Welcome to your new iPhone" where you can restore from backup or set up as a new iPhone.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , croastermany ( )

1

Kirsty Long
1

The most recommended software is Tenorshare ReiBoot. I used it on my iPad mini with retina display and it worked well to enter and exit recovery mode with one click. You can have a try if needed.

0

Rohan Som
1

If you have a backup of your iPhone, try and restore.

If that doesn't work, get a backup recovery software like Total Saver from MyPhoneData; flash (format) your phone, upgrade to whatever version of OS you want.

In that ways, you get a working phone and the data on your phone backed up to your computer

0

Danlidaoly
1

You can exit recovery mode by doing following steps:

1. Hold down home and power button for about 15 secons, this shuts off the phone.

2. Then press the power button to turn the device on again.

I'm having the same problem!!! My iphone worked perfectly until all of a sudden it says i can't receive or make calls and that i need to restore it? So i try but then right in the middle of restoring it, my iphone just disconnects by itself, otherwise, you can use Vibosoft iDataRecuser app to recover deleted sms from iPhone.

Edited by: Danlidaoly ( )

0

Ekroo1
1

Press power and home button for 20 seconds to force reboot, then it should be OK to normal.

0

Suncanlly
1

If you've accidentally deleted some or all of your text messages by mistake, fret not! You can recover deleted text messages from iPhone with a big chance of success, but there's one ingredient that is most important: time! If you've deleted your SMS inbox you have to act quick, because while the messages are recoverable until the portion of memory on which they are saved is rewritten, the longer you wait the higher the likelihood of getting new text messages, app updates or who-knows-what saved to the same location, obliterating them forever, with Coolmuster iPhone/iPad/iPod data recovery probram, you can easily restore lost messages from iPhone from recovery mode.

http://www.coolmuster.com/ios-recovery/h...

0

Suncanlly
1

iPhone data losing is problem many people can have. It happens due to various reasons like broken iPhone. So when it really happens to us, the most important to find these lost data back. For iPhone users, if you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before, it's possible for you to recover lost file from backup that iTunes has made for iPhone. But if you want to restore lost files from iPhone backup, you need to use a professional third party software to help you. We think the iPhone Backup Extracting Software is just you need.

http://www.iphonebackupextractor.org/

0

Woreadlly
1

If you are suffered a lot from losing data from your iPhone 5s/5c/5/4S, I will tell you a good news: There’s a reliable software named iPhone Data Recovery. It can help you retrieve your deleted iPhone data, call history, SMS, contacts, video, conveniently. So you don’t need to worry about losing your previous iPhone data any longer. And what you need is to follow the instruction below on how to use this useful software.

Transfer music from iPhone to Mac

How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone

0

oliverblanchette1981
13

Here's also a guide about "extracting numbers from iPhone backup".

0

Gera1
1

For great majority of cell phone users no matter iPhone,iPad or iPod, data lost look like a disaster for them. Here we give you a hand. iPhone Data Recovery which is compatible to your iDevice. It works in almost every iDevice model. There are three choices for you: to do scanning directly from your iPhone, to undeleted lost data from iTunes backup file and to restore from iCloud backup.

As a professionl data recovery tool, iPhone Data Recovery is designed to undelete your iPhone data, recover photos, notes, bookmarks, call history, phone contacts, apps, address book, etc.

0

joycewhiteyh
1

iPhone stuck in recovery mode is a common occurrence. You can

1.Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.

2.Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.

3.Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.

4.When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time. iTunes should open and display a message such as: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

5.Use iTunes to restore your device.

Or you can use iPhone Data Recovery to fast solve this problem.

Itune can detect my Iphone in recovary mode but failed to restore it & shows unknown error after few minutes of restoring process and my Iphone also not went off even after pressing the Home & power button simultaneously for long time.

Abrahm Jhon,

have you try to enter DFU mode with tricks/programs like it was did in first reply? I have same problems too, want to try it next time.

Brian El Montana,

0

Lorty12
1

When those significant files in your iPhone lost one day, what should you do? It’s a key point that you should not input any data into your phone like taking pictures or entering new Contacts. In this way, you will lose your data forever for the reason that your old data will replaced by the new ones. At this moment, you can ask a third party program named iOS Data Recovery for help to Recover Deleted Data from iPhone. Not only to solve the files recovery problem, but also the deletion of Contacts, SMS, photos, music and more can meet their solution.

More information:

How to Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone

0

dersvey
1

I posted it in some other similar threads today and have had three people reply that it worked for them too, and nobody so far saying it hasn't worked with iPhone Data Recovery. And yes, everything was still on my iPad; contacts, web bookmarks, all photos, nothing was changed. It just didn't update to iOS 7. After I got it working again I just used Wi-Fi and upgraded to iOS 7 over the air with no problems, using it as I type this. If you're still stuck, trying this will not endanger anything at all on your device. Worth a try at least, and I'm guessing it'll work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.

Good luck!

Edited by: dersvey ( )

0

dennychen518
1

After you get the fixed iPhone from the Apple Store, you may find that some of the data in your iPhone are lost. This might not be the problem of the Apple Store, but the problem of the updating itself. If you want to recover the lost files from your iPhone, you can restore iPhone with the iTunes backup. However, if you only lost part of the data, and the iTunes backup is a little out of date, you may not want to use that backup. At this moment, you’d better use iPhone data recovery software to recover lost data because you are able to preview and choose the data to recover, and you won’t be frustrated about which data are lost.

0

angelina Jolie
1

yes i do know that it is 2014 but i dug my old iphone 3GS out of the drawer and forgot my password i put it in recovery mode and it will continue to tell me that the device can not be found and it keeps going in circles every time it finishes and i eject it and try to cut it on it does not work it goes back to the same connect with ITunes crap like it started with i do not know what to do

0

KevinGarratt
13

There are several ways to go, here I list two of them:

1. Standard Apple method. Launch iTunes on your computer. Connect your phone to your PC and wait for iTunes to recognize your device. An iTunes popup will display that offers to restore your iPhone using your most recent backup, then click "OK".

2. Third-party software method. If the method above still cannot work out. You can try to use some third-party softwares, like iPhone data recovery. It is compatible with your iPhone model and it can not only recover your iPhone data, but also help you get out of the recovery mode of your iPhone when it stuck in recovery mode. You can visit the following tutorial for more details:

iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode

Hope this helps!

My iphone4s went black when i accidentally pressed the voicemail button.. now i cant used my phone and only hear directions when i am navigating and exploring how to make my phone functions again.

majamartinez1,

0

Mattbai
37

1. You can use iTunes to exit recovery mode. This method will erase everything on the iPhone, but a backup will be created during the restore process, allowing you to recover your data. Now follow the steps below to fix iPhone stuck on recovery mode problem:

(1) Connect your iPhone to your computer and run iTunes on your computer.

(2) Select your iPhone from the list of buttons at the top of iTunes, then click the "Restore" button.

(3) Wait for the backup and restore process to complete, then "restore from backup" in iTunes after the phone has been restored.

2. If you have tried the first method and it didn't work out, you can try third-party software iPhone Data Recovery to get out of recovery mode and recover data.