The S1 to SX50 series consists of ultra-zoom cameras, having longer zoom ranges and a more extensive list of features. The SX100 and later SX models are a more compact, affordable spin-off. The "SX" stands for "Super Zoom." All S and SX models feature image stabilization and full manual controls. In some cases, these have more manual controls then most Point And Shoot cameras do, but not full manual control.

lens error restart the camera

Hello everyone, today I discovered this site and I'm really excited, I've seen articles that can help me, but I hope to find someone to help me fix my Canon PowerShot SX220 which has 1 year of life, unfortunately this summer I came a little water to the sea, and now when I turn presents this message "lens error restart the camera" and the goal remains outside all locked. every now and then can retract the lens I take pictures, movies, but then it is relocked. Thank you in advance for your help

marost67 , this happens commonly if exposed to dirt/debris that will bind the lens when the camera turns on. Check the space around the lens and see if the spacing is equal distance all the way around. Sometimes you can use a vacuum cleaner and apply vacuum suction on the lens while powering it on. If it extends, remove the battery, so that the lens stays extended and see clean the barrel. This may remove some of the dirt/debris and free the mechanism. If none of that works, you may have to replace the lens. Check this video, should be pretty similar to your camera, and see if you are up to it:-). Lots of help on here if you need it. Hope this helps, good luck.

what's new? can anyone help me to fix my canon.io I dismounted I came up with a candle point, but honestly now I'm stuck. soon I attach photos to show you how far they have come, greetings and thanks again, Marco

marost67 will be eternally grateful.